1993 Ford Bronco concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoSauce1971

Reaction score
I will be making a purchase tomorrow and really needed input from some of you that know these vehicles a little better than I do.

I found a 1993 Bronco Eddie Bauer w/ 302, 5.0L and 279K miles.  Good body, only rust is on the Tailgate, Regulators aren't working (no biggie), cold AC, hot heat, interior looks decent, paint is good on the exterior.  @ 35mph if has a misfire, same when speeding up to 55/60mph.  I was told it needed a tune-up, it doesn't smoke, and there's no ticking sound coming from the engine bar area.  Cap, rotor plus wires look new, plugs haven't been changed.  He's asking $1500.00.  Is this a good deal and what other could the rough idle be?  Any kind of recommendations or comments (positive or negative) are appreciated.  ...is the price right as well?  Thanks in advance.

Jon

20930466_1757305427621186_1605688492_o.jpg20930884_1757305407621188_1199030752_o.jpg 

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey Jon,    Welcome

These vehicles are becoming rare.  I don't think you can go wrong at $1500 for what you described. 

The miss is most likely in the secondary ignition since you said there were no engine noises and it didn't smoke.

I would pull all the plugs to take a look when it's yours.

Good Luck 

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Jon,   Welcome tonthe Zone!

As Ron advised, the prices are going up due to  the growing demand &  the cost of new vehicles.

Try a Self Test for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)s by my pal, BroncoJoe19

http://broncozone.co...7&mode=threaded

The engine temperature must be greater than 50° F for the Key On Engine Off (KOEO) Self-Test and greater than 180° F for the Key On Engine Running (KOER) Self-Test.

Run it around to heat the engine up and shift thru all gears including Reverse.
Make sure A/C is off and transmission is in Park (automatic); or in Neutral for a Manual & release clutch.
Then turn off engine, all accessories/lights (close driver's door) , etc.

Do KOEO test First

Post Code(s) here according to:
KOEO
&
KOER

A helper can assist you by counting the codes. Some use their smart phones to record them.
BEWARE OF FAN, BELTS, PULLEYS, HOT HOSES, IGNITION HIGH TENSION WIRES, AND ENGINE COMPONENTS

Or purchase a coder reader such as Equus 3145 Innova OBD I Code Reader for Ford EEC IV Engines at Walmart &€ most parts stores.

Or ask local mom and dad parts stores if they will test it for you. 

1993 Ford Bronco Dealer Training Video by Silver70  @ https://youtu.be/Fvne3bosE3s

GL! 

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
$1500 is a great buy!

I would also look into if the engine is experiencing a lean condition when accelerating. I just pulled codes from my Bronco yesterday and my O2 is causing a lean condition but I don't get MIL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo