Anyway to stop heat airflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dougofresh

Reaction score
I've got a new to me 74 bronco, solid resto in place already, I'm going to do some new paint soon, 302 rebuild engine, all good. My question is while both the fan control settings and heat/ defrost and temp pull knobs all work, even in the off position there is still heat coming out of the vents. Anyway to completely stop airflow form Engine into cab?

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi Doug, welcome..!

Originally, there is/was a shutoff valve in the heater hose that runs along the valve cover.

It may be defective.

The flaps that re-direct the heat inside the heater have foam seals that go away pretty fast.

The heater has only 4 bolts holding it in place.., along with a flex tube on the right side, 2 defrost ducts,

& a couple control connections (push/pull wire).  Usually req. the radio & ash tray removed to R&R heater.

Not really a hard job.., just awkward to get hands in there, etc.

You can fab. something to block off the air inlet..., it's on the pass side under the hood, on top of the cowl.

However, if water still flows thru the heater core.., it still radiates heat.

You can loop the heater hose so no water flows to the heater core.

Lastly.., be sure there's no holes/leaks in the firewall, allowing eng. heat (& fumes) in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo