Howdy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cobrajoe

Reaction score
Hello all, new to this forum , but have been a member on a few other Bronco forums for quite some time. Just started building a new rig , a '95 as my '93 has just turned 489k and the salt here in New England has begun to take it's toll. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    

I got this '95 back in November with 110K and it's in great shape.

The first pic is from my '93 several years ago after my first change from stock then the way she looks today. The next is the'95 when I bought it and where she stands as of today, Got some more work to do but I hope to have here ready by winter.

EUP9Ty6.jpg

QKxYbHM.jpg

L4IyNFy.jpg

TCYfeCD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo cobrajoe,
Welcome!  
They both look better tsn new, congrats!
We have nice rust here too!  Between the road salt and driving on the beach...  just had the leaf shackles replaced.  Wanted to diy, but my bones are shot. 
Here is the 1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure by Ford via me

Our sponsor, Jeff at the Bronco Graveyard has offered a 2% discount to members of The BroncoZone for on line ordersTo get your discount, enter the discount code BZMEMBER. Also you must include your BroncoZone User Name with the order.
http://broncograveyard.com

Here are some wiring diagrams (partial, 86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96) @ http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd

Also, 96 Bronco-F-Series Workshop Manual (PARTIAL) by FORD via
http://www.diesel-dave.com/vehic/manual/stj/stjleft.htm
96 is same as most earlier years especially 92-96, except for:
92 through 95 uses the Electronic Engine Control, version Four (EEC-IV, aka On Board Diagnostics (OBD-I)) engine management computer
96 uses the OBD-II (EEC-V) engine management computer;
4WABS (93-96);
RABS (87-92);
Air Bag (94-96);
3 ***** Automatic Locking Hubs (Built from May 95 through 96); Spark Plug Wire Routing & Firing Order (The firing order for 1987-1993 5.0Ls is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8. The firing order for 1994- 96 5.0Ls & all 5.8Ls is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8.);
R134a in 94-96;
2-piece Spindle Rolling Diaphragm Seal (RDS) used on 5/95 to 96 Broncos & F Series 1/2-ton 4WD;
Mass Air Flow in 95 5.8 California models and in all 96s, other years used Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP).
96 5.8 do not have the Air Injection (AIR), Secondary Air Injection; Pump (Smog Pump), Thermactor Air Bypass (TAB) & Thermactor Air Diverter (TAD) Solenoids; Diverter, Check & Bypass Valves, Cross-Over Tube, etc. But 96 5.0 does have the system.
The 96, Vapor Management Valve (VMV) replaces the canister purge valve (CanP valve) used in EEC IV. But manual still shows CanP valve probably because it was a late addition to the 96 production line.
The Speed Control Deactivation Switch (SCDS) in a 93 Bronco is located on the driver side frame rail, but in 94 through 96 it is on the master cylinder.
Still researching other differences.

OP
OP
cobrajoe

cobrajoe

Reaction score
A special thanks to Jeff's Bronco Graveyard; I've bought a ton of stuff from them over the years so I was excited to learn about the above mentioned discount. So I anxiously placed my online order today and as I went through the procedure,  I was a little disappointed when I got to the checkout page and found that there was no place that I could enter my BZMEMBER Code. Oh well, I needed the parts and their price was still $25 cheaper than I found elsewhere, so I entered my credit card info and hit enter and cracked open a beer. Halfway through the bottle I decided to give them a call and see if maybe I screwed up placing my order. The gentlemen that answered the phone said that he was unaware of any discount being offered to anyone, never mind 2% to members of a forum. I then read them the above paragraph about them being a sponsor, offering a discount, etc.... and they asked me to hang on. Moments later he returned to the phone and told me that there indeed was no 2% discount, it was in actuality, a 3% discount and they would apply it to my order.  :-$   :-"

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Joe,

Welcome!

I will let this site's management know about the discount issue.

Ty for the info Joe.

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
I love the color of the orange Bco with the light bar on top. Very jealous.

OP
OP
cobrajoe

cobrajoe

Reaction score
Thanks. An update on the JBG flares; I called them two weeks ago and they told me they would be receiving them on 9/24 and I should see them in about a week. Well I called back Wednesday and they said they hadn't received them yet so i canceled. I logged onto Summit's website, clicked and added to shopping basket and had them at my door friday morning for $ 8.06 more. Live and learn; 3 months waiting for nothing.  :((

Oh yeah, an a updated photo;

rZGOojH.jpg

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Joe,

Too bad about the BG mess; will pass it on our administration and then on to Jeff's.

Your Bronco is awesome!

How is the step bar mounted?  What brand?

Our 96's old Smittybilt step tube bars are almost rusted through at spring hanger mounts.

Al

OP
OP
cobrajoe

cobrajoe

Reaction score
Here is when they came in and mounted as per instructions; (they are Raptor's)

akCM0X8.jpg

vd1vz1F.jpg

dQ3hHVe.jpg

I went back to the shop the next day because I didn't like the way the side steps came out. I started out by scrapping the tin tubing spacers they give you for the front body mount and made some out of 3/4" black iron pipe. I chucked a piece up in the lathe and turned it down to 3", about an inch 1/2" longer than the supplied ones.

ossYqjs.jpg

7yNHi7X.jpg

You can see that it is a much heavier wall thickness compared to theirs:

9BrFaHD.jpg

Now I was able to mount the front and brace it up to get a measurement for the rear suppoprt. This came out to be about 2 1/2" longer than the supplied brace.

I took some 1/4" plate and cut two new brackets with a cut off wheel, sorry, no pics. Holding a grinder with a cut off wheel and using a camera is a recipe for disaster and I didn't feel like taking a ride to the "new finger store"

I drilled a 9/16" hole in the end and then heated it up and bent it in the vise. It's a little beefier than the the stock one:

EgojZMO.jpg

Once I had the step level, I marked the mounting hole and drilled it out. The step is much straighter now and a little lower which should help me and my short legs.   :doh0715:

suqJoQl.jpg

HEv7sAt.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke