1966 gear shift looked up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewOwner

Reaction score
Just bought my first classic bronco that I have always wanted. Although in great shape. The stick shift (3 speed) will not move in any direction so can not get in gear. Any advice? I did not think I would be learning about repairs so soon.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi &  welcome..!!

Not to worry..,  I'm assuming you have the stock column shift. These "gett'n stuck" are common in older Ford, Chevys, etc.

You can "un-jam" them under the hood by moving the shift rods where they attach to the steering column.

You'll see the two rods that run down to the trannie a couple inches out from the firewall.

The rubber grommets may be worn, or, there's several other components that may need attention.

Do supply us with some pics as you'll likely be needing some other info. in time.

These rigs are EASY to work on & you'll enjoy every moment of it..!!

OP
OP
N

NewOwner

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to learning and having fun with my dream bronco. I appreciate your expertise. I will load pics! (Maybe after running!)

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
KEWL..!!

Click on your board name  (NewOwner) & you'll find the path to filling in your info. (see mine left & below)

This info will help us help you. AND, it can be up-dated/corrected at any time.

& "look out" ..!!  You're in for a whole lotta fun.............. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke