Quote check

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what they think of these prices, this seems really high to me, especially considering hat these guys are supposed to be my "friends", whatever the heck that means, keep in mind this shop is in Los Angeles so their rent is reflected in these prices. I'd work on it myself but I don't have a garage

IMG_4995.PNG.jpg

IMG_4994.PNG.jpg

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
~ Front End Alignment should be closer to the $65 mark unless your are doing both Front and Rear. Thats what it cost me before tax on the F-350.

~ Oil Change with Filter should be $66, You can do it your self for $40.

~ I have no idea what a transmission fluid exchange is but I would save my money and skip it. Buy a Trans Filter kit for $22 and 5qt of Fluid. Should run you about $55 and an hour in the Driveway. If you have a shop do it expect, to pay more twards the $200 mark.

~ I would like to know why your shop quote has the radiator cap listed in the diff and t-case section of the quote.

~ Price for T-case oil is correct as long as it includes labor.

~ Buy a Radiator cap yourself for $10. Not that hard to install :))

~ Radiator hoses with claps should be closer to the $70 mark before labor.

~ Don't know if I would waste money on a power steering fluid exchange. Just take some out of the reservoir and fill it back up with some fresh stuff.

The prices I include are the price of parts at O'reilly with the markup I would add to the parts if I were the service tech doing the work. This shops markup tends to be high for the work they are doing.

OP
OP
Rusty shackleford
Reaction score
Probably shouldn't use synthetic either right? Won't synthetic leak? I've heard that once you switch to synthetic you should only use synthetic from there on out. Or do y'all recommend just regular oil, what motor oil weight for Southern California should I use, truck will never see a highway, mostly off-road and some city

Idk why it says brake fluid exchange must mean flush, don't you think that's really high for a radiator hose, it's not even a stainless steel hose, is the lower radiator hose hard to replace

Anyone know a good shop in socal

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably shouldn't use synthetic either right? Won't synthetic leak? I've heard that once you switch to synthetic you should only use synthetic from there on out. Or do y'all recommend just regular oil, what motor oil weight for Southern California should I use, truck will never see a highway, mostly off-road and some city
 If you have an oil leak now then the leak will be worse with synth. (Personal experience) If your engine holds its 6qts for the whole ICO then your good and feel free to use synth oil. If you don't like how synth works for you then drain it out and fill it back up with the conventional blend. Many of these synth oil buyer beware issures are gone. Synth oil is just as good if not better then the dyno made stuff. I put synth in my Bco and can't say nothing bad about it.