Durac spark 3 swapout to duraspark 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orogopher

Reaction score
Because of what I've learned from you guys here...I have an 83 full-size....and learned of the unreliability of the Dura spark 3 and the problems associated with the EEC...along with it....

What degree of difficulty or particular nuisances should I be aware of when removing the EEC computer.... And those connections....will there be a need of rerouting any of the wires that are in the plug connector that used to go to the EEC SYSTEM.....I have no problem installing the rest of the components....or how to test ..install or adjust.....thank you

Seabronc

Reaction score
What problems are you having?  The EEC system was designed to meet the California requirements and I believe it is illegal to remove it from a road vehicle in that state.

:)>-

OP
OP
O

orogopher

Reaction score
So...basicly what your saying is that....legally... And smog certification wise...I won't be able to switch out to the Dura spark 2 ignition system...or just not remove the EEC sys....the Dura spark 2 does not use the EEC....my Bronco life is beginning to ****

Seabronc

Reaction score
The Duraspark III is part of the EEC system.  Are you having any problems with it?  That whole system was designed to meet California emission control laws and was installed in trucks that were destined for sale in California.

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke