Need new Wing Vent Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaximusBronk

Reaction score
Does anybody have a lead on where to locate new wing vent windows including all the trim and latching-to-close linkages?  I am having trouble locating replacements for both sides.  They are worn out.  Thanks in advance

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Rod,

I know our sponsor, Jeffs has the new frames, weatherstrips, lock handles, glass in clear and tinted, divison bars @ http://shop.broncograveyard.com/Door-Vent-Windows/products/601/

Looks as though the handle includes the pin, spring, etc.

They just began listing the aftermarket lock that was made by Wolo. I have it in our 96.

Jeff at the Bronco Graveyard has offered a 2% discount to members of The BroncoZone for on line orders. To get your discount, enter the discount code BZMEMBER. Also you must include your BroncoZone User Name with the order.

I believe following applies to 87-91:

"The divider bar (back of the vent window frame) is deeper for 87-96, and the glass is correspondingly shorter front-to-back.

door-windows.jpg

The vent window frame is very easy to remove from the door once the door panel is off. Roll the glass all the way down, and remove the 2 phillips screws from the upper front edge of the door frame. (They may be hidden by the upper seal.) Remove the 11mm (7/16") bolt from the inner door skin, just rearward of the divider bar and about 6" down from the glass. (Do not remove the 8mm - 5/16" bolt if present.) Pull the rubber glass run down from where the divider meets the top of the door frame & rearward out of the back of the divider and the top of the door. Tilt the vent window frame rearward to remove it from the channel in the door's upper forward edge, and rotate the front of the vent window frame inward 90 degrees. Tilt the frame back and slide it up & out of the door. Work the run out of the divider as it is exposed. Reverse to install.

Vent Window Disassembly

With the frame out, unlatch & open the vent window, remove the two 5.5mm (7/32") screws from the upper pivot, and remove the 11mm (7/16") crimped nut from the lower pivot bolt. Slide the spring & indexed washer off, and rotate the upper pivot away from the frame. Gently rap the frame & vent window pivot bolt on a solid surface to drive the bolt & window up out of the frame. Catch the nylon washer & limit cam as the bolt clears the frame. Note their order for reassembly.

Work the ends of the rubber seal out of their notches in the frame, and peel it out of the channel. On 92-96, remove the 4 staples from the front corner, and remove the penetration shield.

Use a steel drift to drive the roll pin out of the latch handle, slide it off its shaft, and collect the button & spring." By sixlitre @ defunct bronco.com

OP
OP
MaximusBronk

MaximusBronk

Reaction score
Thanks.  The last time I checked, I dont think he had all the parts.  Should have checked before posting this.  Will order today

OP
OP
MaximusBronk

MaximusBronk

Reaction score
Thanks Fred.  I already ordered all the parts and glass from Bronco Graveyard though.

Best Wishes to all

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom