Here We Go Again!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RR-Texas

Reaction score
However this time they might try the total? Gonna need right side rear panel, tailgate and insert, bumper, receiver hitch(?), and some exhaust work. She tends to torque to the left in lock ups, had she stayed straight it might not have gotten the side panel, which is buckled some over the tire too. Glad the tire rack wasn't on or it would have broke the glass I bet! F250 with a Ranchhand on the front, the cross brace hit the receiver hitch, someone hit his rear, not as bad. Started to pull over, then took off as we went to move them to a parking lot

Just put those front coil springs on and have new hub/rotors in the box, was sick, then out of town last month so planned on doing them this weekend. Now gotta deal with this, if she survive this time she's getting rattle can spay painted black! This is the 3rd time and way too many near misses, I guess Big and Red is difficult to see?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo RR,

Some people are so spaced out, nothing is visible. We were hit head on by a drunk and butted by druggie female, so I know the feeling.

Going flat black?

OP
OP
RR-Texas

RR-Texas

Reaction score
Sure they Look Good in Black!  Mine will just be rattle can for now and All Black like the first one!  Looks like the problem will be the r corner where the tire rack mounts and the tailgate, don't see them on LMC, Jeff's etc. 

Wasn't looking in the right spot for the tailgate

Black.jpg

Black 2.jpg

Black 3.jpg

Seabronc

Reaction score
I don't believe you will find aftermarket replacement 1/4 panels with the tire rack mounting hardware.  From what I found several years ago is that all the aftermarket panels, no matter who you get them from are sourced from the same place in China.  You can remove the hardware from the existing tail gate and 1/4  and install it in the new ones.

I tried both online suppliers and local professional body parts suppliers, no luck.

:)>-

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Fred clicked my brain! Passenger side 1/4 panel has and internal support for the external carrier.

swingawaykit95.jpg

See it to the right .. titled "Quarter Panel Reinforcement"

Not listed by Jeffs. May need to cut one out from a yard queen if you plan to install the tire carrier,

Seabronc

Reaction score
The tailgate also has a reinforcement piece if mounting a tire rack. It installs on the passenger side of the window regulator mounting hardware.

:)>-

PS If you are ordering a new tailgate, just move your existing hardware to the new gate.

OP
OP
RR-Texas

RR-Texas

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, sadly that's where all the damage is, you can see where one of the tire rack mount holes is all pulled out. It's possible that it's just the outer metal? Plus the tailgate is damaged on that side as well. But I doubt his insurance is gonna pay to have that type of work done, even if the support and bracing are ok and I'm no body man.

Taking to a little body shop right outside the neighborhood in the morning, I've seen the guys older Chevy in the mornings when he opens and that lady I spoke with already inquired if it had been restored in anyway, knowing what insurance company will try and do. Up till this the body was almost perfect, needed to adjust the hood some

OP
OP
RR-Texas

RR-Texas

Reaction score
The independent shop I stopped by, (since no one they suggested was close or open on the weekend) sent a qouote for 6400.00. Insurance called wanting the mileage as they say that it reaching the value of the truck. There is one of their recommended facilities on the way home I saw the other day, not sure if it would be worth getting an estimate from that location? It's a chain and its hit and miss on the quality depending on where it's located at in Houston

OP
OP
RR-Texas

RR-Texas

Reaction score
Well 5200 and change if I total and $4100+ and I keep but it will have to get a salvage title, don't think I'll try to fix it since it almost got rear ended again last night and then another idiot almost took out the entire drivers side this morning. Just keep driving it till they wipe her out! But at least now I can fix the rear diff. May still spray paint her black, since they can't see red!

Think Ill remove the rear seat and put one of them tilt mount spare tire holders I see in the back of Raptors on her and a couple on 5 gallon fuel can mounts?

UBM24041_v5_20150430-608x343.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke