New 72 Project, Any feedback is appreciated on where to start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gavindg

Reaction score
Hi All, I just bought a 72 bronco project and any help/feedback on where to start would be appreciated.

The previous owner restored the body fully and put in a 5.0 mustang engine and it currently has the interior completely apart including, family roll bar, dash, seats etc. I would like to upgrade the wiring harness to support newer gauges, lights etc and replace the original being used with the EFI.

With the dash out is it easier to replace all the wiring or do i need to build the dash which i am using updated gauges and a new layout for it first to be able to hook everything up?

I am planning to keep the flooring as rhino lined and keep the interior simple but updated. 

Any feedback on best place to start would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi Gavin.., welcome..!!

Unclear.., is this rig wired up for EFI as it sits now..?

1st.  Do fill in your info pages (see mine left & bottom)  This info can be up-dated at any time and

will help US help YOU.  

We look forward to following your progress. (meaning you will likely be on this board quite often)

2nd. Contact  www.tomsbroncoparts.com  & www.wildhorses4x4.com   They can get you straight

as to which wiring kit you need for the dash/instruments you plan on using.  They may suggest the

brand of gages that will work best.

(Unclear if you intend to re-wire the whole rig.)

Yes, with dash out, it's much easier to wire. 

The two most popular re-wire kits are for stock dashes.

However, they are compatable with upgraded gages that fit in the stock holes.

What is your mechanical/wiring background..?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke