E-brake needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Auggie

Reaction score
Okay, tick the boxes on brakes and steering...now I need an e-brake......everything from the pedal/handle to the attachments in the rear drums......there is no sign of this Bronco ever having an e-brake.

Any and all suggestions accepted as usual. I have checked BG and Tom's but no one has the complete brake system...and even if they did it would cost about $500.00!!!!!! YIKES!!!!  I am thinking scrap yards? :((

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
There's two holes in the left/bottom of the dash. They have nuts welded in place. (front of handle/pedal attach point)

There's two holes in the firewall to the left of the vent box. (back of attach point)

There's one hole in the floorboard (cable pass-thru hole) below the vent box.

There's three brackets on the underbelly starting under the driver seat & two more farther back. They will

have a hole(s) in them.

Toms website should have the diagram showing the location of the brackets.., & a list of the various

cables & what's needed inside the drum.

There's 3 cables needed and a fulcrum type of mechanism.., drum parts, & of course the pedal.

Ya., may be pricey new.., maybe an older ford F100 or F150 short bed will have the same set-up.

Seems I've seen the same foot pedal in those trucks.

Then there's Ebay & Craigs List possibilities.

BTW never trust the E-brake in neutral.., on an incline unless you're a fast runner..!!! [-X   

(Know from experience)  (ya.., I did catch it --- [-o<  )

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Auggie

Auggie

Reaction score
Thanks Bully, and Blade I sent you a message.  I am thinking the old F150 shortbed is going to be my best bet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke