92 ford bronco with 408 stroker engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rogmit

Reaction score
I've got a 92 Ford Bronco with a 408 Stroker engine and I noticed that it gets up to about 210 degrees when it is about 90 degrees outside or higher, I noticed the temperature change after i replaced the OE radiator to an after market radiator which I replaced when it still was a 351  from O'reillys. I double checked to make sure that it wasn't the thermostat put in wrong. So , I'm thinking the after market radiator has 2 rows which I read cools better than a 4 row. It has electric fans but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Does anyone know how many rows an OE radiator from Ford had and should I be using a radiator with bigget flow tubes on the inside of the radiator or could the fans be too strong for the radiator.  Any help will be apprciated.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Are the fans pushers or pullers?  

What is the CFM rating of the fans?  

Is there a shroud on the radiator to make the fans more efficient?

Do you have A/C?

What is the thermostat rating?

Have you flushed the system?

What area of the country are you located in?

What is your antifreeze ratio?

:)>-

OP
OP
R

rogmit

Reaction score
The fans are pullers and there 4,000 cfm dual fans built into a shroud and I haven't got the a/c fixed yet. The thermostat is 195 degrees, the engine is new and so is everything else. I live in St. Louis, Mo. and  the antifreeze is 50/50. I need to get the temperature down so that when I find the leak on a/c it doesn't overheat

Seabronc

Reaction score
Sounds good, the only thing I can think of is to put in a lower temperature thermostat, (160 or 180) and consider an over sized radiator, (not sure you could get a larger radiator than you already have) or even a higher CFM fan.

I had the same problem and used a radiator designed for an A/C engine, (no A/C in truck), a 4200 CFM fan from a Lincoln Mark VIII 4.6 liter engine, a 180 thermostat, and a fan control with an adjustable cut in temperature control, ( Adjusted to cut in at about 5 degrees after the thermostat opened).  

Electrical diagram of the control http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/1038831

:)>-

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke