Dana 50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordblood

Reaction score
Anyone on here used a dana 50 center section in their ttb? It's seems like an inexpensive way to get 4.10s in my front axel being as, from what I'm reading elswhere, is the most common gear ratio in these. Any thoughts?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
F

fordblood

Reaction score
What I have been reading is that you reuse your dan44 stub shafts because the splines are the same and the knuckles are too small for the d50 stubs. They are a relatively easy to find center section and not expensive. I have to rebuild my front aND rear diffs and was thinking that this would be a good way to get the front taken care of.

OP
OP
F

fordblood

Reaction score
heres an update. I got a dana 50 center section from a junkyard in oregon. they pulled it and shipped it out of a truck that i saw the odometer and a picture of the vehicle before buying the part. cost $200 shipped. came with 4.10 gears and the stub and slip shaft. Ive been using it for about 4 months and its is doing awesome!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke