Help my tailgate window still won't go down...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigD83

Reaction score
Hello bronco owners my name is Joe and I am new to this site. Can someone please help me I have a 1994 bronco people tend to call it the OJ Simpson bronco lol anyways I'm pretty sure most of you have had issues with the tollgate one though I am going crazy I replace the motor which the motor was shot out after testing it with the 12 V battery charger and I replaced the rear window switch that I bought from Ford and still no luck. I check to see if the switch has power and it does then I went on to check the harness that is located by the left side break light and it has power but for some reason from that harness to the harness that goes connected to the motor a kid no power and it's killing me please help!!!!! Thank you

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey BigD,

Welcome,  The tailgate may need to be adjusted. There is a safety switch on the driver side latch to prevent the window from working when the gate is not fully closed.

Good Luck

(I deleted your double post)

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone!!!  Post some pictures of your truck when you get a chance.

Ditto Ron's comment.  Try pushing on the left side of the tailgate while operating the switch.  If the window operates you need to adjust the latching lug on the left side.  If not, you need to operate the window via jumper and check the voltage at the rear switch.  Suspects here are a break in one or more wires in the flex cord between the tailgate support and the tailgate.  Another common problem is the connector located on the left side of the cross member just under the rear bumper.  The attached diagram should help you trouble shoot the problem.  Note: Ground for the window is m,ade all the way back at the driver switch.

Good luck,

:)>-

92 Tailgate.jpg

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo BigD83,

Welcome!

As Ron advised... and Try pushing the driver's side of the tailgate about 6 inches below top of the tailgate while holding the button or key switch in the down position. If that makes it work, check out Steve's How to align a Bronco Tailgate in link below. Read through this tailgate tech by Steve;

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/2742/12689-2

OP
OP
B

BigD83

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen for the advise and the help!! The first thing I'll do when get off work is fix my baby... Ps as soon as I figure out how to post pics I'll post them to show you guys how my Bronco is built FORD tuff....

OP
OP
B

BigD83

Reaction score
Seabronc what should the accurate voltage read?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke