any advice on installing driveshafts properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AHBronco90

Reaction score
I received my 90 bronco without the driveshafts. I was reading my Chilton and it was saying before they're removed they should be marked for proper installation. There are no marks on the original driveshafts or on the yoke. Any advice would be great . Thanks!

OP
OP
A

AHBronco90

Reaction score
Hey bully Bob thanks! I'll look for em when I get him. Another question I had was I had a driveshaft made by bronco graveyard with a double card an joint. When I went to put it on the screws won't fit the yoke on the differential. The ujoint seems to fit but the bolts that connect the yoke on the differential to the double cardan joint dont line up. What would be the best (cheapest) way to have it fit?

OP
OP
A

AHBronco90

Reaction score
Ahh ok. Bully Bob I tried on the differential and the transfer case with no avail. Would I Have to change both yokes or just the one on the transfer case?

Seabronc

Reaction score
Is this what you received from Bronco Graveyard?  If so, there are 4 #8 bolts that attach the ****** on the transfer case end to the cardian joint, see the diagram.

:)>-

Double Carden 2.JPG

CVdiagram.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
These days, so many PO's (prev. owners) swap so many components/parts, it can be a struggle

to match things up.

As you see in Seabroncs diagram, the ****** (in some cases called a yoke)  needs to match the CV bolt holes.

You can measure the bolt holes on the ****** & CV attach point so as to obtain correct fitment.

If the differental end doesn't match, measure as well.

Should the answer be to change both the ****** & rear yoke..., the large nuts that hold them on are

special locking nuts that come off & on fairly tight.  If loose.., they need replacing.

Also need proper torque.

I'm not fimilar with the FSB's  Someone with a '90  could measure theirs as well so you could know

where you stand.  Could be the driveshaft you have is for a different year.. <_<

OP
OP
A

AHBronco90

Reaction score
Hey Seabronc, that's exactly what I have. Ill measure the yokes when I get back to my house, Bully Bob. This is the last part to get the bronco on the road. Even on vacation, I cant stop thinking about it!

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Keep an eye out for a "Drive-line Shop"  in your neck-a-the-woods.

They often have perfectly good used yokes/flanges, etc. at a good price.

They can show you how to line up the dr. shaft sections even W/O the markings.

Enjoy the ride,

B

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22