top window gasket question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lovemy93

Reaction score
Hi guys ...I have a 93 .......I bought the window gaskets for my top because the chrome strip inserts are all cracked and peeling ......and I really dont like chrome that much anyway......I bought the gaskets with out the channel for the trim.....then I ran into this black trim insert [SIZE=14.0000009536743px]http://shop.broncograveyard.com/Windshield-Reveal-Molding-Black/productinfo/25182/[/SIZE]

heres the thing my gaskets are perfectly fine they look good no cracks and do not leak........anybody ever just replace this trim without replacing the gaskets ??...I really think the black would look good.........one last question ....what if i just removed the chrome cracked trim and didnt replace it at all ???..

thanks in advance

Seabronc

Reaction score
I take it you are talking about the front window outside trim.  If so, it will look like crap without trim, that is why they put trim there..

OP
OP
lovemy93

lovemy93

Reaction score
No I'm talking about the side windows of the removable top..... Sorry I guess I wasn't clear... Thanks

nelbur

Reaction score
I believe what you call the trim, is what spreads the rubber causing it to seal.   With out the insert the gasket would be "fall out" loose.   My chrome-ish insert is also cracked and ugly.   Let us know how easy it is to replace it.

OP
OP
lovemy93

lovemy93

Reaction score
I have heard that the insert is more then a decoration a few times now but what I don't understand is... you can buy the gasket with out the channel for this insert so Im not absolutely convinced . I talked to the body shop I deal with and he told me hes put new inserts or molding in old gaskets that were on the truck before. So I guess I will buy the black molding from the Graveyard and have the body shop try to install them . If he can do it I will just return the gaskets I bought.If the old gaskets are to hard or get damaged trying to do this then I will just have him put on the new gaskets that do not have the trim channel and be done with it ....personally I like the all black thing anyway ....i hope to have this done next week and I will let you know how it goes.... and if I can figure it out I will post some pics ....thanks for the responses

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Here is our 96 xl, bought new, black with black we trim and camper top window with no chrome trim on gasket

http://broncozone.com/uploads/monthly_12_2012/post-3816-0-97633300-1354978628.jpg

Will try to get to our PC soon to get to side views for you.

So, for now, here is another Bronco with no chrome on camper window trim...

http://www.mn12.org/bronco/1996-BRONCO-XL/images/1996-bronco-xl-8.JPG

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22