Map sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rogmit

Reaction score
I have a 92 Ford Bronco with a 5.8 liter engine can you use a General Motors MAP sensor I'm trying to hook it up on an MSD ignition box and the connector is for a general Motors and there is not an adapter

Seabronc

Reaction score
Good question, not sure if GM is compatible or generates the same voltage level points.  Why don't you get a Ford connector and repin for that connector.

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo rog,

As Fred advised!

To help determine compatability in terms of operation, here is Ryan M's Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP) overview, testing, and connector pin-out diagram:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130912175038/http://www.oldfuelinjection.com/?p=27

Now, what make model and year is the gm map sensor for?

Try googling gm map sensor test and pick one that applies.

Btw, I doubt that it will be compatible.

OP
OP
R

rogmit

Reaction score
Miesk5, I looked up a 92 chevy camaro with a 350ci engine, I though I'd try to look up something close to the cubic inch size of a 351. But, in all reality I have a fresh stroked 408 engine with a new transmission and I put an msd 6530 ignition and it has a hookup for a map sensor on it bypassing the one in the wiring harness of the truck.It is a long story about the engine and trasmission. That's for another time. I'm just trying to get it running so I can give my friend his truck back. I've had it awhile and the weather is nice this weekend. So I'm trying to get it running right now and I'm goingbto pist some pictures later

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey Rog,

I'm not looking to tic off MSD, (as they want to sell their product). Nor do I want to steal the wind from your sails, however the theory of  MSD and the multiple spark is best suited for intake systems that are poor at atomizing fuel.  An engine with fuel injection is superior to a carb for many reasons, but the biggest is the fact that the fuel is atomized so well directly out of the injector. Then further tumbled and mixed with the rushing of incoming air.

The point I want to make is that for most modern engines MSD is simply not worth the money.  The ignition voltage thresholds of most ignition systems built since 1990 are more than adequate for any street engine. 

​I encounter many a car enthusiast that spend money on cool sounding things for their car or truck and are constantly chasing nagging problems.

Please let me be clear, not everything is bad or wrong to put on one's ride....it just may be ...unnecessary.

Again this is just my opinion...but save the money on MSD and use it for something that the engine truly can benefit from.  

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno