66-96 Ford Broncos - Early & Full Size
Jgrden

What Did you Do With Your Bronco Today???

Yo M,

Did you purchase it? I like the specs!

Been cleaning some things up.

3jEIN4q.jpg

And took the time to swap out the ugly taillights with the old ones off my '91 Bronco

Old:

NkssKjE.jpg

New:

GYtATLl.jpg

o M,

Nice!

Cleaned headlight haze.  Then storms came  next up is to clean all weatherstripping then apply silicone to all except to sides that touch glass.

Ford does recommend, "Use Silicone Lubricant C0AZ-19553-AA (jelly) and D7AZ-19553-AA (spray) or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESR-M13P4-A on the weatherstrips whenever necessary. Silicone lubricant helps avoid weatherstrip squeaks and retards excess weatherstrip wear from chafing. It also helps to retain alignment by reducing friction between the glass and the rubber weatherstrip. 
miesk5 note, test the silicone on a regular styrofoam cup first; if the cup gets funky or melts, then the can or tube contans oil, a regular occurrence now, esp if from China.

Use Multi-Purpose Grease Spray D7AZ-19584-AA or equivalent meeting Ford specifications ESR-M1C159-A and ESB-M1C106-B to lubricate lgate hinges. Apply an even coat to all hinge pivot points as outlined in the maintenance schedules or when a binding or squeaking condition occurs..."

Apply dry (Teflon) lube to the flocked surfaces that touch the glass; dry lube prevents noise & abrasion, and allows the glass to move faster.

"Take off the TG access cover and spray Tri-Flow in the tracks on either side so the regulator toggles slide up and down easy" by JKossarides

I've never used a Teflon lube in the window guides, my dad taught me to use graphite. Next on my list is the chrome and headlight haze. For now I spent the time getting 99% of the hard water stains off the paint.

Here is a Before:

uy6QFYZ.jpg

And here is After:

JkVjo7T.jpg

Took it to a parking lot get-together and cruise. Only the guys who were older really knew the importance of the Centurion Badging, this is one vehicle that has to be explained to the younger generation (my generation). Met with a guy that had a Supercharged lightning and he really liked that it was in black. If I had a gray interior it would be tempting to have a custom made Nite stripe apply'd XD

Spent most the day rewiring the aux circuit in the Centurion.

Found out that the CB was disconnected. Powered it up on the Bench and what do ya know... it wouldn't transmit. Replaced it with a https://midlandusa.com/product/mxt275-micromobile-two-way-radio/

rewired power going to the rocker switches, fixed the dome lights, removed all those stupid scotch locks and butt connectors barely holding wires together, fixed the wiring going to the brake switch, also installed a switch to turn off the brake lights (just for the fun of it.)

Before I started this wiring I had a issue that the Centurion was running hot, pulled the radiator and found that the fins were full of mud, flushed it inside and out, replaced the t-stat with a 180°F unit and refilled.

Finished up most the wiring and went for a drive, Now I have ~178° running around town and 182° at idle.

Did some minor maintenance on the '91,

Agai7ls.jpg

I need to learn a thing or to about cable management but It is definitely time for a yellow top.

Yo,

Consider Dorman - Conduct-Tite Top and Side Post Anti Corrosion Washers  $2.00 @ most parts stores,

22141085_dcd_85641_pri_larg.jpg

Put a Blind spot mirror on the Centurion and drove around the block to see how I liked the angle of the mirror.

Thank fully It was only around the Block, tire let its own air out.  This tire hasn't had any issues with leaking, no punctures through the tread, just gave up the ghost...

eFsJEO5.jpg

Yo,

That's a bummer!

See https://www.aa1car.com/library/tirefail.htm

We checked for a squirrel nest on engine, driver side.  They nibble on the vacuum hoses and fuel injector connectors.  We bought concentrated peppermint to drop around area and top of driver side front tire.

I've been reading on the internet that tires that mount'd onto a 16.5" wheel like to do this. But in this case I'm going to go with  "TIRE FAILURES CAUSED BY OLD TIRES" and lack of maintenance.

35x12.5 r17 tires an't the cheapest at the moment So I'm thinking about getting some stamp'd steel rims just so I can keep driving it this winter.

5duwduN.jpg

Good!

I wonder about some load ratings too, especially because of your Centurion's weight.

Vision Wheel 85H7981NS

17X9

8x6.5  

Gloss Black

CenterBore: 130.80

Offset: -12

Back Space= 4.500

Load Rating= 3650lbs  

Tune Up

2b71kzH.jpg

Fix some lights

9FvYXUP.jpg

and make others brighter

iFfEGnQ.jpg

in the plans are some new fuel injectors and an adj fuel press regulator.

Got my new fuel injectors from fiveologyracing. But my 29 day old fuel pump in the tank died. Had the Centurion towed back to the mechanic. He does good work but he's a one man shop and his lot was full when I dropped it off.

I thought about doing the fuel pump myself but the 30 day parts and labor warranty is about to pay for its self. 

Got the Centurion back from the shop. We will see how good fuel pump #3 works.

My '91 will go to the trans shop for an official diagnostic.

6" Drop hitch was the perfect amount for the the Car hauler I was using today.

aLgpFwl.jpg

Towing with the Centurion was great. I honestly thought it tow'd better and smoother then my '84 F-350 Crew Cab.

AGToEUw.jpg

We got snow in the valley for the first time this winter season.

LcOTmXW.jpg

Got around to installing the injectors and adjustable regulator in the 4 Door today.

2Dz13Q9.jpg

Sunday, I was following the F150 in front of me when I dropped through the top crust and my rear slid off to the side. I was just too heavy for the snow trail, the Bronco behind me was floating along.

AWL4gf4.jpg

2P4PxsB.jpg

Took a polaris razor with mattracks to pull me out of the rut I made for my self. Not a bad day.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.