66-96 Ford Broncos - Early & Full Size
Jgrden

What Did you Do With Your Bronco Today???

Yo M,

Did you purchase it? I like the specs!

name is on the title :)

Been cleaning some things up.

3jEIN4q.jpg

And took the time to swap out the ugly taillights with the old ones off my '91 Bronco

Old:

NkssKjE.jpg

New:

GYtATLl.jpg

o M,

Nice!

Cleaned headlight haze.  Then storms came  next up is to clean all weatherstripping then apply silicone to all except to sides that touch glass.

Ford does recommend, "Use Silicone Lubricant C0AZ-19553-AA (jelly) and D7AZ-19553-AA (spray) or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESR-M13P4-A on the weatherstrips whenever necessary. Silicone lubricant helps avoid weatherstrip squeaks and retards excess weatherstrip wear from chafing. It also helps to retain alignment by reducing friction between the glass and the rubber weatherstrip. 
miesk5 note, test the silicone on a regular styrofoam cup first; if the cup gets funky or melts, then the can or tube contans oil, a regular occurrence now, esp if from China.

Use Multi-Purpose Grease Spray D7AZ-19584-AA or equivalent meeting Ford specifications ESR-M1C159-A and ESB-M1C106-B to lubricate lgate hinges. Apply an even coat to all hinge pivot points as outlined in the maintenance schedules or when a binding or squeaking condition occurs..."

Apply dry (Teflon) lube to the flocked surfaces that touch the glass; dry lube prevents noise & abrasion, and allows the glass to move faster.

"Take off the TG access cover and spray Tri-Flow in the tracks on either side so the regulator toggles slide up and down easy" by JKossarides

I've never used a Teflon lube in the window guides, my dad taught me to use graphite. Next on my list is the chrome and headlight haze. For now I spent the time getting 99% of the hard water stains off the paint.

Here is a Before:

uy6QFYZ.jpg

And here is After:

JkVjo7T.jpg

Took it to a parking lot get-together and cruise. Only the guys who were older really knew the importance of the Centurion Badging, this is one vehicle that has to be explained to the younger generation (my generation). Met with a guy that had a Supercharged lightning and he really liked that it was in black. If I had a gray interior it would be tempting to have a custom made Nite stripe apply'd XD

Spent most the day rewiring the aux circuit in the Centurion.

Found out that the CB was disconnected. Powered it up on the Bench and what do ya know... it wouldn't transmit. Replaced it with a https://midlandusa.com/product/mxt275-micromobile-two-way-radio/

rewired power going to the rocker switches, fixed the dome lights, removed all those stupid scotch locks and butt connectors barely holding wires together, fixed the wiring going to the brake switch, also installed a switch to turn off the brake lights (just for the fun of it.)

Before I started this wiring I had a issue that the Centurion was running hot, pulled the radiator and found that the fins were full of mud, flushed it inside and out, replaced the t-stat with a 180°F unit and refilled.

Finished up most the wiring and went for a drive, Now I have ~178° running around town and 182° at idle.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.