What Did you Do With Your Bronco Today???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco Bubby

Reaction score
Worked on my bronco, after cleaning up Dana 44 bell housing and other series of parts me and my brother came to the conclusion it would be cheaper to go to the junk yard and just get the entire front end assembly.

Rock auto cheapest found ring and pinion 133$

Seal, shim and bearings roughly just for housing and internals 120$

Seal, cup, race, bearings about $200 from left front to right front just on cv axles.

Soo I spent the rest of the day with my daughter to brighten up from all the bronco gloom :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bobbybricknose95

Reaction score
Did an engine swap last year, and in the midst of taking the hood off I had propped up with one bolt in, I went to go get help to take the hood off, and it slid right off snapping the bolt in the process, turns out who ever put the hood scoop on it used about 50lbs worth of bondo.

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Bobby,

Welcome!

Previous owners often devise off the wall "fixes".

When you have time, please fill out Profile and Signature with year, engine/tranny/Xfer case/hub type info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. for better responses.

Try to limit any questions you have to one per post so we don't get confused because I am old and often forget my name.

Click your name in right black panel in upper right;

In pop up,

Click, My Profile

Click, Edit My Profile in right side black panel

In left panel, Click, Edit Signature

Enter info

Click, Save Changes

Looking forward to pics and helping!

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Click your name in right black panel in upper right;

In pop up,

Click, My Profile

Click, Edit My Profile in right side black panel

In left panel, Click, Edit Signature

Enter info

Click, Save Changes

My profile is very slow to load. Will enter your info if you desire, just enter it here..

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

I had to edit my previous reply on how to add info to your profile. Info should go into your signature that is part of profile.

My profile freezes for minutes at a time.. will ask Administrator to resolve this and make signature addition and changes easier to do.

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, lets fire up this thread ********* now, If you did anything fun with your Bronco we want to know.

I bought my '91 Bronco just about a month ago now and it wasn't perfect but for what I wanted it was the right Bronco. I has a few dents, some missing paint, and quite a few rock chips but I feel those marks tell a story. I plan on filling in the missing paint and making those rock chips less noticeable. The Bco will need a repaint to be perfect but till then hiding the gray metal doesn't sound like a bad plan.

So far what I have done with the Bronco is remove the aftermarket Alarm system because it just didn't work. After that I removed the trailer brake not because it didn't work but for the simple reason that it was a low $ model that some body wired in with romex. Not cool. Out that crap went.

Just this weekend I cleaned up the fog on the headlights so now they look much better.

6LOxJnU.jpg

I also replaced the rear Drums. Just the drums, the pads were fine but the drums didn't match and that caused braking issues. That problem is gone now. When the weather is warmer and sunny I have plans to take off the drums and paint them along with the spare tire rack. It is slightly rusty at the moment. I'd do somemore of the high dollar stuff but I'm just trying to take the aged look out of the vehicle and make it look new for not too much $$$.

So thats what is going on in this corner of the world, what are the rest of you all doing?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Skitter,

Enjoy your 91 this summer!

I was able to sit behind the wheel and drive back and forth in the driveway for the first time since August 2015!  So the dark cloud is gone and I can soon try a few short trips in the woods.  

No major work needed now, will  wait for pollen to drop, then change air filter; clean fresh air intake in cowl through vents, interior; try to compound & wax paint.

10401194_1044464152079_5276983_n.jpg

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Waxed up the Bronco an took it to a Cars and Coffee event. Got a few tips on what I could do to make the paint better but for just having it for a few weeks I'm happy with how it looked.

zWjkMB4.jpg

I got some clear corner markers from AFT Parts (http://aftparts.com/?page_id=10) to replace the amber ones. I plan to have those in next time I take the Bronco. Only delay with putting those in is I want to put new headlights in too because the current ones allow water into them.

1073c-2.jpg

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Time to do an oil change. Thought I would try a oil that claims to be great.

Eqw47Po.jpg

But even though I'm experimenting with oil the filter is one that I have loved using for years.

The Bosch Distance Plus is a great filter and really helps keep the oil clean. 

JvG3vFG.jpg

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Did the Dome light mod on my Bco.

w3ev1pT.jpg

Too this,

JR1gakW.jpg

~Light is out of a 1999 Expedition

I can't really call it a mod because putting in the new light required no wire switching or nothing just plug and play.

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Knocked out a few items on my list of Reclaiming HP in the Bronco.

~ New set of Motorcraft spark plugs gap'd to .055

~ New MSD ignition coil

~ Timing set to 13° BTDC. Tryed for 13.5° but it turned to 14°after tightening down the nut.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke