flat spot on acceleration from dead stop to acceling on uphill incline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rogmit

Reaction score
This is the problem: when I try to accelerate from a dead stop to an acceleration point on an uphill my truck seems to have a flat spot. So, i need to know what I should be looking for that could be causing the problem. Now when I'm on the highway and I'm accelerating up a hill I just turn off the over drive and that gives me the extra acceleration to keep my regular speed that I'm going on the highway. So, if somebody has any ideas of a starting point,let me know. My wife says get rid of it, My reply is buy me a brand new truck and I will and that usually shuts her down. I have no plans of getting rid of my bronco, I like it too much. So, any help would be appreciated.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo Rog,

This from Ford, 1994 PCED OBDI-A, SECTION 2A: Diagnostic Routines

Hesitation/Stumble

Acceleration, Hesitation/Stumble on Acceleration

see First Flow Chart @ http://www.thedieselstop.com/faq/9497faq/maint/vra/vra02014.htm#vra02chart9

first on list is Vacuum Lines, routing and integrity (leaks or bad/damaged line(s) or devices (such as EGR, or brake booster, etc.

see my Vacuum leak test Acronyms & gauge reading analysis @ http://broncozone.com/topic/23994-90-58l-getting-continuous-code-33-and-running-code-44/ post #18

Next is air filter/or tube(s) restricted

Have you checked for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)

OP
OP
R

rogmit

Reaction score
Well, I regapped spark plugs and putin a new cap and rotor and accelerates ike it should and about a week ago the idle became erratic going up and down soI need to figure that out what is causing that problem. Any ideas?

nvmotogirl

Reaction score
i'm new to broncos - is that year efi or carb? I had the same issue on my motorcycle and has to get the carbs in sync/play with the idle ***** for the right a/f mixture.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JWBronco1996