battery cables off engine dies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoSteeler

Reaction score
 I recently replaced my stock 351m 2bbl carb and intake with an Edelbrock Performer intake and Holley Truck Avenger carb. I also installed an HEI distributor to do away with the "mess" on top of my engine. The HEI performs extremely well but I'm afraid I missed something along the way that has to do with my charging system. Now when I unhook the battery cable with the engine running it dies. I replaced the alternator and checked continuity between it and the battery. could the regulator have any affect on this?

OP
OP
B

BroncoSteeler

Reaction score
I'm new and I think I posted accidently in the earlier Bronco section. I have a '79. I recently swapped my stock 351m intake and carb for an Edelbrock Performer and Holley Truck Avenger. I also opted for HEI to get rid of the"clutter" atop my engine. The new distributor performs excellently but I may have made a mistake somewhere when it comes to wiring. If the engine is running and I remove a battery cable it dies. I have replaced the alternator and checked continuity between it and the battery. Could the regulator be the problem or have I left something out?

Seabronc

Reaction score
Your alternator is not functioning.  Once started the engine should be able to run on the  alternator.

:)>-

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke