84 351w emissions and vacuum line cleanup help?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84f150xlt

Reaction score
84 351w 2bbl. I want to convert to a 4bbl carb. But there r so many vacuum lines under the hood for emissions. Any ideas or link to help me sucessfully bypass these with out losing recomended vacuum and throwing codes?

Seabronc

Reaction score
Here is a vacuum diagram for a 351W from a pickup.  It is the same for the Bronco minus one of the Purge CV hookups.  The second diagram is a picture of my hookup without the air pump.

:)>-

DCP_0703aa.jpg

DCP_0703d.jpg

OP
OP

84f150xlt

Reaction score
Thanks bud I appreciate your help. One question the diagram for ur vacuum lines u used. Im a little confused. R the lines u used and kept uder the hood the colored lines? And with this change did it affect the performance of ur rig?

Seabronc

Reaction score
Yes, those are the ones I kept.  Those lines do three things for the engine operation: 1. Vacuum advance for the distributor 2. Improve cold start running characteristics of the engine 3. Properly regulate the pressure inside the gas tank and burn off emissions vapors from the tank.

Red is the main vacuum lines. Yellow is the vacuum advance. Black vents the gas tank and burns off the evaporative emissions as controlled by a Vacuum Control Valve (VCV) and the Vacuum Control Solenoid (VCS)that gets vacuum from the gray line. The orange lines give it better cold start characteristics by controlling the the exhaust feedback to the warm the intake until the engine gets to 165 degrees. The Vacuum Throttle Kicker (VK) prevents the idle  from dropping all the way out suddenly on quick deceleration prevent the engine from stalling,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nate

84 351w 2bbl. I want to convert to a 4bbl carb. But there r so many vacuum lines under the hood for emissions. Any ideas or link to help me sucessfully bypass these with out losing recomended vacuum and throwing codes?
I have just done this with my truck the 2-4 barrel conversion and am lost as all heck with the vacuum lines xD

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Nate,

Post up exactly what info you need, such as the Acronyms:(not nec. for your year/engine)A/CL: Located in the air cleanerA/CL DV: Air Cleaner Diverter ValveA/CL BI MET: Air Cleaner Bi-Metallic ValveA/CL CWM: Air Cleaner Cold Weather Modulator[SIZE=14.4px]Etc.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.4px]and it is always better to start your own  thread. [/SIZE]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke