Smog Pump Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RR-Texas

Reaction score
I see there have been some changes since my last visit so hopefully I'm not a violator! Being a heavy truck mechanic, I thought I'd share the proper amount of tools it takes to replace the smog pump on a 93 Bronco (other models may require more)(or less) and 4 hours give or take.

Everything outside of the tray was used and needed! And that white foot and half long pipe, that ain't no cheap *** metal, that's from my 2 1/2 ton 30 year old Craftman floor jack and yes I HAD to use it! Now maybe on other Bronco models the top pivot bolt is not tied into the rear differential? However I'm pretty sure mine was and it had to spin 360 degrees each time I tired to move the ratchet, I cannot confirm this has my head was not facing that way. First you must heat the bushing the bolt goes through, then due to transmission lines and the frame, you might get a 1/4 turn of movement, using the cheater pipe! Then repeat the process!

I also began, at times to wonder if this one bolt held the entire truck together, like the old model cars in the 60s, that you ran into the wall and the button on front caused them to explode! Anyway I did manage to get it out, all the threads were intact. And of course the new/rebuilt one is a giant piece of junk, as was the second one after, so I went with the best of the two. And the other picture, just because I thought it was funny.

Have a great weekend

Richard

image.jpg

image.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom