Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bronn

Reaction score
Hi

Somebody knows the rustoleum universal matte spray paint and krylon rust protector preventative enamel? 

thanks

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo, I'm sure others will give their experiences on these products as well as Rust Bullet, POR, etc.

Problem is that although when one removes surface rust, there is most likely rust on other side of a panel or area that is inaccessible with out cutting out portions, such as rockers at B Pillar.

Now, for surface & under panel Rust I use RustOleum Professional Rusty Metal Enamel Primer 7769402 then applicable top coat and clear coat.

I saved $ by not using Rust Bullet or POR..and have same results as shown on my steel lawn bldg. roof as well as the Bronco's tailgate and lower 1/4s

Seabronc

Reaction score
The fact is, that no matter what you use, the most important part is eliminating rust first.  Just spraying a so called rust stopper on a rusting area isn't going to last.  You first have to remove the rust even if that means cutting out rusted areas and replacing it.  Then you need to prevent the fix from rusting.  As soon as you remove rust from a surface it starts again in what is called "flash rust" which is microscopic and unnoticeable with the ***** eye. Most rust prevention products will do it, but the best product I have found is Picklex found here http://picklex20.com/ .  It is a little expensive but is far superior to the competition.  I tested it a number of years ago by taking a piece of bare sheet metal, cleaning it up, treating with Picklex and letting it set for 6 months without a sign of rust.  It takes very little of the product to treat a large area, just spray it on and wipe it around and wipe of any excess.

Then proceed to prime and paint.

OK, that's my $ .02 on the subject 

Have fun  :)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom