85 Bronco 2 Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85br2

Reaction score
I'm new here so not really sure the best way to go about finding out info on my truck needs (sorry if this is the wrong way ) 

I have something going on with radiator I guess , well the water in the  reservoir was bubbling what does that usually mean? I had to clean it out a while back because for some reason it was collecting algea in it. 

I'm hoping that its not the radiator all together although I am going to be changing it but I didn't want to have to do it just yet. Thanks

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi br2,

Might need a bit more info. 

Was your rig fully warmed up to operating temp. when you noticed this..?

Was there noise or steam  during the bubbling..?

Any visible coolant leaks anywhere around the eng..., or any drop in coolant level..?

This could be a failing head gasket.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
85br2

85br2

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I noticed the bubbling (didn't see steam just saw bubbling and heard it in reservior)when I came home from a 45 minute trip on the interstate. I had the head gaskets shaved once about a year ago. I didn't notice leaks of coolant but my radiator is old and needs to be changed . Do you think it could  be the radiator?  

Ill look again for leaks.

Thanks again!

OP
OP
85br2

85br2

Reaction score
I had the radiator flushed a year ago and the meachanic that did it said it would be good to change the radiator.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Is your temp. gage working.., & reading normal, above normal, or fluctuating..?

Is the liquid level on or a bit above the "cold eng. line"  when eng. is cold.?

The radiator wouldn't likely cause this.  A slow or sticky thermostat could. Or even a weak

radiator cap.

An engine warms up when it's shut off., & this hotter water is pushed into the recovery bottle.

Can you give us a temp gage reading with the eng. completely warmed up.., & again 3-4 minutes

after it's shut down..?

This could be just the normal movement of coolant from the radiator to bottle & back.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
85br2

85br2

Reaction score
I found out the clutch fan just freely spins(broke). So I'm having that changed today as well as adding the engine temp control sensor( There isnt anything called a thermastat switch on the 85 ,I think they call it the temp sensor). I think this should take care of it. 

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
You betcha..! Fan clutch failure will definitely cause problems.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that early on but they're usually pretty obvious when they fail.

They often make noise upon failure..., or as you said, spin freely.

That's why we ask questions (those above) so as to pinpoint a failed component.

Real difficult to connect the dots w/o answers.

Thanks a bunch for the feedback/report.., this often helps other readers with like issues.!!

Have fun out there..,

B

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke