1978 Fuel line replacement from JBG tips or tricks???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

philljo

Reaction score
Hey folks, just pulled the fuel lines off of my 78 and it wasn't as easy as I'd hoped.. I have some new lines being shipped to me from Jeff's bronco graveyard (which are apparently preshaped) and I was just wondering if anyone could offer some advice on how to get them back under there with minimal struggle. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

- Johnson

Seabronc

Reaction score
I did mine several years ago, and from what I recall, it is easiest done from underneath the truck.  Pay attention to the way the old one comes out from under the truck and do it in reverse.

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
P

philljo

Reaction score
Were you able to get the old ones out without bending them at all?? If so you're a little more crafty than I was.. I'm worried about how to get the new ones back in without damaging them at all.

Thank you though, appreciate the response

Seabronc

Reaction score
It's been too long ago to replay that movie in my mind, just remember it was tricky an it took a bit of threading around the other stuff.  sorry I can't be of better help. 

:)>-

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
I had similar issues with a broken brake line.

Rather than struggle trying to thread up thru the trannie/transfer area.., I "TWO-PIECED" the line & used a double

ended mating fitting.  Simply put the two nuts on, flared the ends, and tightened onto the fitting.

No runs, no leaks, no errors.

I think I removed the skid plate & did this splice right there. Easy to get to if needed.

OP
OP
P

philljo

Reaction score
I actually think I cracked that brake line in the process of pulling off the fuel lines, so thats gonna have to be done as well.. :(( fuel lines came in today though, let you know how it all goes