Exhaust questions. Le'me hear the rumble!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco Noob

Reaction score
Hey guys! It has been a while since my last post and I am on a new project! So with that in mind, I want to add some rumble to my truck! :))   Right now I am running a single exhaust with stock cada. with a stock headers and no muffler. I already bought some new long head headman headers that I have yet to replace the stock shorties with. I was curious as to what mufflers do. Obviously they can muffle the sound of a straight piped truck; however I have heard they also give some extra power and (on occasion) make the truck even louder. Is this true? If so, which headers do you suggest and why? Would it add a nice loud truck sound?- or quiet it down. I do no know much about this part so I was curious. The more information the better and please suggest!! THANKS!

-I have heard of the companies Borla, Master Flow, and Cherry Bomb. (thoughts?)

-Nick :)>-

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you looking to gain any performance from changing the exhaust or just letting the noise rip?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo NICK,

You have a 92, correct?  and what engine? 

To get accurate info when posting Qs, soon in your profile, include your year, engine, trans, Xfer case & locking hub type (auto or manual) and any major mods such as body or suspension lift, etc. or in any question post. You'll get more accurate replies
Left Click your name in upper right corner; in pop-up left Click on My Profile
Below an Ad, in right side. Left Click Edit my Profile
In Left Side, Left Click Change Signature

I have some exhaust sound clip LINKs in my archived Bronco Links site @ http://web.archive.org/web/20110704075216/http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=574

Such as; (92-96 will be same for example)

Bassani Y, Flowmaster™ Super 40 & 3" in a 95 5.8
Source: by bassplayer07 at Ford Bronco Zone Forums Dual exhaust in a 93
Source: by offroadbronco4x4 at SuperMotors.net
Bassani Y, Cherry Bomb glass pack in a 95 5.0
Source: by Ian L (stangmata, stangmata50l, Bronco) at SuperMotors.net

One high flow cat, Y pipe, no mufflers in a 93 5.8
Source: by Troll Banned (Bronco Rob, BroncoRob) at SuperMotors.net

Dual exhaust, 2.5 inch pipe into18 inch glass packs in a 95 351W
Source: by -Spazmatic- (Ziggy Moto, Kennedy) at SuperMotors.net

Also see in my site, Routing LINKs

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Briefly..,  all vehicles come fr. the factory with good exhaust systems with proper back-pressure

& noise  abetment.  And, legal in most all states. Cal. for example is has more restrictive laws.

Sadly.., many who alter their exh. lose power/performance/torque.  They end up with "NOISE"

which they mistake for "power" ..! 

Having said that.., there are several systems out there that would make you happy W/O losing

performance.

Do your homework, talk to perform. shops, get some off road magazines etc.

For example, many mods require exh., cam, & carb. changes to achive increased performance.

As to the "rumble"  sorry.., I've spent 30+ minutes in vehicles like that & after that amount of

time..., I get the urge to jab myself in the forehead with a screwdriver.., thinking the pain would

take my mine off the noise & vibration. (I have bionic hearing)

---- Point being, think of your passengers comfort & safety first---- :D/

MOJIGGA

Reaction score
Noob,

there are alot of videos on youtube, with sound clips, the most common ones i have seen, have a Flowmaster Super 44 Series Muffler and it sounds amazing, but they also have headers, cams, and all that extra stuff.

I myself have the same questions as you, im looking for a nice sounding exhaust. but not taking the power away.

is it possible to have a nice rumble with stock manifolds, and just use a free flow cat and the super 44 muffler?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom