front suspension noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eaglesoaring

Reaction score
ok my 95 bronco has a noise coming the front end starts at about 35 and goes till I hit about 42 and then goes away, I converted it to manuel hubs and put new wheel bearings in to it for a ride and the noise is still there . When I put into 4hi it gets much worse. So I figured that if I get rid of the noise in 2hi then it should be alright in 4hi. Could the rotor or the spindle be my cause being worn out and causing the noise????

ANY help would be would be great to have

Thanks

OP
OP
E

eaglesoaring

Reaction score
ok heres the latest update I put new spindle bearings on the driver side today and the sound was less next week it will be the passenger side hopefully that will get rid of most of the sound, But...... (isn't there always a but) now that the sound dropped ini the front end a little now there is more noise from the rear end that I haden't noticed before. One day maybe I will get to take her for the drive she deserves

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey EagleS,

It's kinda hard to diagnose a noise on the net.  Is the sound a rumble, a roar, a squeal...?

Usually rotors themselves don't cause a noise. If you changed bearings, hopefully you also changed the races in the rotors.

I have encountered a bad bearing on one side, making a rumble so loud, that you could not hear the bad bearing on the other side until the first side was replaced.  For that and other reasons I always change both sides.

Sounds like you are on the right track.

Good Luck

Seabronc

Reaction score
When you tighten those bearings up, make sure you wiggle the wheel and tighten to 150 ft. lb. to make sure the bearing is on properly.

Good luck,

:)>-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22