New Member Intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

streeter

Reaction score
Hello "Broncoers",

New member as of today, located in the SF Bay area, and looking to gather info and insight to "tweek" my pair of Bronco's....

I've got an 87 with a 4spd, tried and true, with 35's and lifted in both areas....body and suspension....love the truck but debating on taking it off the street and going OHV only......not sure just yet.

Second is a 90, with an Auto, that I just picked up and I'm looking to jack it and customize it for the streets of Cali.....looking for some cool ideas from the forum's......

Currently, both are 351 W's.....but my plan is to stroke the 90 to a 418, or more (bullet proof bottom end)....already picked up a Vortec supercharger assy to go on top......want it street-able, but interesting. Already got the music plant to set up in it.....40+ speakers and 16KW's to drive them. Yeah, a bit over the top, but it'll sound good even when she's "*******"....

Custom bumpers from Iron Bull in route but looking to change out the boring headlight assy's on my 90.....looking at doing a front cap swap from 90 to 92 or newer......

Any experiences out there with the details and headaches of doing this front end swap?

Also working to start a "network" of folks here in the Bay Area that may want to work towards wheeling together and swapping ideas, parts and assistance with each other's rigs.....

Streeter.....

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to The Zone! Enjoy the many pages of information and free advice.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone :D/ > . Post a couple of pictures when you get time.

Good luck,

peace.gif

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo streeter,

WELCOME!

fyi, Here are some Vortech® T Trim pics in a 95 408

Source: by Kevin

view if the T Trim...yu can see the custom, homemade intake with the clamps in the middle for a metal portion that had to be installed to put the bypass valves in. You can also see that we had to make our own mounting bracket for this SuperCarger. Vortech only made a bracket for the smaller S Trim that worked on this Bronco. The Belt that drives this supercharger is a cog belt to prevent slippage.

Heres the heart of the fuel system we had to build for this beast. That is 3/4 braided fuel line. The pump is a Paxton Kamakazi capable of supporting 1100 HP. To the right of the pump is the Paxton fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pressure sending unit. The remainder of the fuel system consisted of FMS modified injectors running at 77lb/hr. With a Pro-M 77mm MAF.

Vortech T Trim Supercharger that I was running on the 408 with twelve pounds of boost. The Computer Dyno estimated it at 650 RWHP at the 12 lbs of boost. With the engine being all forged bottom end, and this size supercharger being run, the potential with race fuel and a different pulley to up the psi was in the range of 950-1000 HP!

Heres the Vortech S Trim that I was running on the 351 Factory Engine with a Mustang GT camshaft, ported Edelbrock Heads, JBA Headers and Crane Hi 6 with timing ******. This was the set-up I ran prior to the 408 stroker.

and, SADLY...

Heres a shot of the engine bay following a electrical fire...mmake sure when others work on or install electrical components on your vehicle that they really do know what they are doing. Luckily the only thing lost was the vehicle.

Seabronc

Reaction score
May I ask a stupid ? how do I post to this forum
First, pick the section of the forum that your post belongs in.  To find that, click on the  "forums" button in the top line.  That will give you a list of forum sections.  If, for example, you have a 95 Bronco, and it is a technical question, click on the "

80-96 Ford Bronco Tech Support  " section.  When that page comes up, click on "Start New Topic" and enter your post.
Hope that helps.

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo