1988 to a carb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
I am tired of dealing with replacement fuel pumps that wont last a year so its time to go to a carb,since I want to swap in a 351 I have found a complete low mile 4 bbl 1985 351 that will make the swap easier. The question I have is where on the EFI wiring harness can I find 12 volts for a duraspark ignition and what wire will I have to hook to the duraspark coil to make the tach work and is there anything else I should know when converting to a carb.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Hook it up like the attached diagram.

Good luck,

peace.gif

PG18.jpg

JLasvegas

Reaction score
Have you been running your tank to almost empty before filling up? If so that could be the cause for burning up fuel pumps

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
I do not let it get lower then 1/8,might convert it to the newer single pump system before I give up on the EFI but not real happy with the two pump system. I tried to find a 87 with a 351 so I would not have to bother with the EFI but could not find one around here that had a decent body.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke