Power window motors crapped out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvlFaust

Reaction score
Hello;

I have a 1987 Bronco that did not originally have power windows. When I got the truck the previous owner had swapped out the driver side door and it had a power window regulator. So at first I had power windows on just one side. While going through parts the previous owner had given me I found a motor and regulator for the passenger side. After hooking it up both windows worked perfectly using stock switches the previous owner had given me. The driver side worked like it was new and the passenger side strained a bit like it didn't have too much life left in it. These worked for six months and then after a day of higher speed powerline trail type dirt road off roading the passenger side no longer worked. I had just figured that the rattling and vibration finally put it out of its misery. The driver side worked perfectly fine for a few weeks longer. Come today, I realize the driver side power window no longer works anymore.

I have tested all of the individual circuits at both switches along with at both motors. Everything checks out that power is being supplied properly to the motor, along with the proper ground. I disconnected the motors at their harness and used jumper wires to go straight from the battery to the motor, both up and down on both motors. Neither motor responded, telling me that they are definitely dead.

What I want to know is if they both, coincidentally, died at the same time just from being that age, or if there is a possibility of something i haven't noticed that may have killed them. Like I said, I checked each individual circuit from the switch and at the motor harness for proper grounding and power with no noticeable problems.

Thanks!

Seabronc

Reaction score
Sounds like you hit the nail on the head. If they don't work with jumpers directly to the motor lead, they are bad. Just one of those days @-)/>

peace.gif

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno