interchangeable parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i have a 1990 bronco. that my brother rear ended a jeep. i need all new front end parts. how interchangeable are the hood, fenders, bumper and grill and headlight case from a 1994 bronco. the main thing im worried about is the hood and bumper.

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
First all,

Welcome to the Zone!

I've been wanting to switch out my 1989 Front-End with a '92-'96 (not as boxy). So I've done some homework on this already and here is what I found on the internet:

A The front clip off a 1992-'96 will fit a 1988-'91.

Proof:

I don't know how hard this swap is. I assume that it is just bolt on. I'll let the other guys answer how much work is needed.

image_12067f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

90bronco86

Reaction score
If you do the swap, please take lots of pictures and post it on here because I like the 92-96 front ends better anyway and I'd be interested in doing the swap if it would work.

Xxxyank

Reaction score
It is not a hard swap, i'm just finishing up swapping a 95 front clip on to an 88 (That includes the cowl). An if all your going to do is swap out the front clip. you will have to do some modifing with the light harness, besides that it bolts up nicely... Unless your good with a welder you will need to use an 88 - 91 front bumper as well.

I took it to the next level and swaped the entire guts of the 95 into the 88. Including swapping out the dash, firewall, so all my electrical connections from my harnesses would seal nicely.

I don't have many pictures as i kind of lost interest in taking pictures of progress. But i got some good dismantling pictures here www.supermotors.net/users/xxxyank of both the 88 and 95

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
It is not a hard swap, i'm just finishing up swapping a 95 front clip on to an 88 (That includes the cowl). An if all your going to do is swap out the front clip. you will have to do some modifying with the light harness ...
I assume that this is just the connecters and will need to be changed/up-dated? Just sounds like solder work to me.

Unless your good with a welder you will need to use an 88 - 91 front bumper as well.
The mounts/brackets need to be modifyed? or is that just the case because of your application?

I would like to do this swap also so I'm interested in the details.

Xxxyank

Reaction score
If i was going to do the swap, i would take advantage and swap in a new HD headlamp harness http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-34805C-heavy-duty-headlight-harness-92-97.html I beleive the corner light and the parking light will be okay but i'm not a 100% sure but if not just rob the harness from the newer style and splice it in...

The 94 bronco has the newer style accordian frame horns up front and attaches differently to the bumper. I personally welded tabs and used the newer style bumper because the 88 had a big dent in it...

But your 90 bumper should line and bolt up just fine with the newer 94 front clip.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke