auto to manual hub conversion question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90bronco86

Reaction score
I'm looking to do a manual hub conversion on my bronco but my hubs are the 5 ***** and the only conversion kit I can find is for the six ***** hubs, but when I look at the fitment years on JBG it says for 80-96 the part number is 32126. Thanks for any help

Xxxyank

Reaction score
I'm not sure what your question is... But the screws have no bearing on determing the size. All the screws do is hold the cap on tight. So if you are replacing your hubs, the new hubs will come with as many screws the manufactuare thinks is needed to hold there cap on 3, 5 or even 6.

Baby Skip

Reaction score
The # of holes in the caps is for the # of holes in the locking hub, so as said above, they can interchange a little bit

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo 90.

Sorry for delay'

5 ***** to Warn® & Bearing Replacement w/ Bearing Locknut Torque Settings in a 90; and, Wheel Bearing Locknut Torque Settings for 80-96 MANUAL HUBS, NOT Factory Auto Hubs; Ford Pickups and Bronco; "...Using a lockout spanner (ford # T59T-1197-B or equivalent ) and a torque wrench, tighten the inner bearing adjusting nut to 50 foot pounds while rotating the wheel back and forth and seating the bearing. Back off the adjusting nut approximately 45 degrees. Assemble the lock washer by turning the inner lockout to align the pin with the nearest hole in the lock washer. To lock it, install the outer lock nut and tighten it to 150 foot pounds. Grab the top of the tire with one hand and the bottom of the tire with the other. Move the tire in and out on the spindle. End play should be less than .006 – inch.).." Thanks to 90beater (Topher, Chris)!!!!

Source: by 90beater (Topher, Chris) at bronco.tophersworld.com http://bronco.tophersworld.com/writeup_hubs.htm

more info LINKs in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=107

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom