New Limited-Slip noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cszalai

Reaction score
Hi all,

I put a Yukon limited slip (from the graveyard)in the rear end of my bronco and when I am turning a corner from a stop I feel something like the brakes dragging (I checked they are not dragging) when I back into a parking spot I feel like the brakes are on and are trying to stop me.... not chattering... like the brakes are on but they are not.... another thing too if I jack up the whole rear end and put the truck in neutral I feel a real hard drag from the rear end not the brakes dragging not like when I had an open diff(the little bit of play in the gear moves very easily. I paid a guy recommended by the bronco graveyard to set up the rear end for me.... there is limited slip additive in the diff... is this normal for a new limited slip...... everything was replaced.... axle shafts, ring, pinion, carrier, all bearings....etc..... just getting a little nervous here... I need to get the trans rebuilt but I don't want to do that and then have this blow up because something wasn't done right (or it just wasn't good out of the box)

Seabronc

Reaction score
I would suggest you take it back to the guy who set it up. He should be backing his work.

peace.gif

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey C,

If there is not enough gear **** in the rear end you will get the symptoms you describe. When it is originally filled you need to drive to a parking lot and do a series of hard left and right turns like a figure 8. That allows the **** to flow into the axle tubes and then settle to a working level. Then check and top off. I have experianced that most often when a diff is changed that you will need to top off the ****.

Like Seabronc said, if it's not too far away you may want to take it back to the guy that did the work.

Good Luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke