MAP sensor problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Medic2DaResq

Reaction score
I am not sure, but I think my problem might be linked to MAP sensor. I have "93 Bronco,351w, while driving, the more I accelerate,the more it cuts out and loses power, almost to the brink of dying.If I back off the pedal it seems to try to increase speed slightly,but not for very long. It wont run hardly at all while in OD,also seems like it worsens as the fuel level gets lower.Ran self test yesterday and KOER shows 72, and KOEO shows(maybe)72,21. Any one have any ideas or at least send me in the right direction,please. :wacko:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo Medic,

Ford went from two-digit to three-digit EEC IV Self-Test codes in 1991 to service the increasing number of service codes required to support various government On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) regulations. The phase-in from two-digit to three-digit codes started in the 1991 model year.

MAP sensor Symptoms & Overview; "...Surging, Rough idle, rich fuel condition, which may cause spark plug fouling, Detonation due to too much spark advance and a lean fuel ratio, loss of power and/or fuel economy due to ******** timing and an excessively rich fuel ratio; a vacuum leak will reduce intake vacuum and cause the MAP sensor to indicate a higher than normal load on the engine. The computer will try to compensate by richening the fuel mixture and retarding timing, which hurts fuel economy, performance and emissions..."

Source: by aa1car

jjwhitis88

Reaction score
I think im having this same problem with mine i got a 89 with a 5.0 and having issues with timing and fuel richness so long story short my timing isnt advancing enough it only goes to the 20° mark from the 10° not all the way to the 30° mark when i plug the spout in. And it idles great sometimes but sometimes has a miss in the idle and if i slowly rev it up its fine but if i try to rev it up fast it just sputters and pops before 1500 rpms

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom