1977 Drivers side quarter panel fuel door openings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terryh

Reaction score
I have not been able to locate a replacement quarter panel, with the fuel door openings. Are the fuel doors on a pickup the same? my fuel doors are ok, but the sheet metal around them is rusted badly.

Are the fuel doors on a pickup the same as the '77 Bronco? If so I could cut them out of a pickup bed and weld them into a replacement panel.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Terry

P.S. This is my second early Bronco, I had a '76 approx. 22 years ago.

1977 Bronco Sport Wagon, 351W

1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 351M

Bronc76

Reaction score
NPD has the same part numbers for the '77-'79 pickups as well as the '77 Bronco, I would think they will fit.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
That would be a good "used" complete panel. They must be out of stock.

Did you try (a sponsor on this site) JBG in Michigan (for "used")..? Closer to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
terryh

terryh

Reaction score
That would be a good "used" complete panel. They must be out of stock.

Did you try (a sponsor on this site) JBG in Michigan (for "used")..? Closer to you.
I hadn't considered "used", you see, here in Illinois, there's no such thing as "good used sheet metal". LOL!

Thanks for the tip though, I'll check with both sources.

OP
OP
terryh

terryh

Reaction score
That is a possibility, however there's enough rust to warrant replacing the quarter, and I could still do what you suggest.

However, the fuel doors are the unique feature of the '77's, and I would like to keep them, and I like the smoother lines without the exposed caps.

I'll either get a used quarter, or cut the recesses out of a pickup bed, and weld them into a replacement panel.

I currently have fiberglass flares, so a quarter that's cut already will work just fine.

One more question, I have an axle code of 18J on the glove box data tag. Can anyone tell me what the ratio is?

Thanks for all the help, it is much appreciated.

Terry

Bronc76

Reaction score
18 should be the rear axle code 3.50 2780 lb. Front axle code J- power steering.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke