F150 knuckle conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeiam82

Reaction score
hey everyone, for my build i am using f150 knuckles for the front disc brakes. I was just wondering if anyone has done this swap and remembers how long the tie rod is suppost to be from end to end ( center of each tie rod end of coarse ). I know this is an easy problem to fix all i need to do is bolt the wheels on and measure to get the rims lined up straight then measure the holes in the knuckles but it would be nice to have a guideline. Thanks.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey Mike,

I don't have those dimentions. A high five to anyone who does. I had worked on suspention systems for too many years, and the way it was done is the new parts were assembled to match the old parts. If the old parts are not available, then center the steering wheel, and eyeball the wheels as straight as you can, and measure the front and back centerline to get a close toe adjustment. With that assemble each tierod link to fit the attachment points. You should have a minium of about 2 inches of each end threaded in the adjustment sleave.

This should get you pretty close, but you HAVE TO GET AN ALIGNMENT to be sure everything is within specs.

Good Luck

cjcargo

Reaction score
With the F150 parts tie rod lenth is 48inches same as stock on a 66-75'. As per wild Horses Stock conponets can be use with the use of sleeves on the knuckles,(P/n 2382)because the stock tapered studs are too small. I wish I had done this conversion, but I went with stock 76-77' parts. That puts the tie rod at 50 inches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rickyb571