need help installing a water temperature gauge.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanapfel

Reaction score
My water temp and oil pressure gauges don't work on the dash. Decided to install some digital gauges into my custom center consol instead. Basically my question is where does the sending unit plug into the engine. The instructions say I need some adapter to go into the upper radiator hose. That just doesn't sound right to me. I'll attach a pic of what the gauge came with.

tiller83

Reaction score
Have you tested them. Could be the wires or connections have corroded or the sending units(sensors) have failed. I put in a mech.temp gauge once and had to get a brass reducer bushing to go from the 1/2" to 3/8" npt(plumbing part). If you have a haynes manual, they have a test procedure to deturmine what is failing, takes 2 people but is relatively simple. If you put in the digital gauge be sure to route the wires along the factory harness to prevent cooking or melting. I wouldn't put it n your console, your not looking there when your driving or off-roading and once you let the smoke out of your engine it won't work no more.

Seabronc

Reaction score
You could put the sender in the same location as the one you are eliminating. It might require an adapter but you can get that at Lowes or Home depot. Your water neck may have a place you can put it also. If it does there may be a plug in it. You can see it right behind the radiator hose.

Good Luck,

peace.gif

100_0200a.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke