Power outside mirrors - '95 Eddie Bauer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomcat

Reaction score
Have a '95 Eddie Bauer with original power mirrors. Does anyone know if these will fold back? I've unsuccessfully attempted to fold them and am afraid to put apply more leverage.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo Tomcat,

If it looks like this fold-away one;

dsc_0028.jpg

Yes, grasp mirror Body and push towards side window glass; keep fingers off of the mirror's glass

Outside rear view mirrors (17682) should not be cleaned with a dry cloth or abrasive cleaning powders. Do not remove ice with a scraper. The mirror should only be cleaned with a soft, clean cloth and mild detergent and water or Ultra Clear Spray Glass Cleaner E4AZ-19C507-AA or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESR-M14P5-A; otherwise damage to the reflective surface may result.

Captain D

Reaction score
Have a '95 Eddie Bauer with original power mirrors. Does anyone know if these will fold back? I've unsuccessfully attempted to fold them and am afraid to put apply more leverage.
My 95 EB mirrors do fold, they are stiff and require a fair amount of force to fold them in, but they will go back.

OP
OP
T

tomcat

Reaction score
Thanks to Captain D and miesk5 for their responses. My mirrors do look like the picture from miesk5, so I'll give it another try tomorrow and post the results.

OP
OP
T

tomcat

Reaction score
My 95 EB mirrors do fold, they are stiff and require a fair amount of force to fold them in, but they will go back.
I worked on the mirrors today. They wouldn't budge, so I sprayed WD-40 in the swivel gap and let it sit for a few hours. I was then able to fold both mirrors inward with only moderate effort. Thanks to all for the responses.

OP
OP
T

tomcat

Reaction score
yo Tomcat,

If it looks like this fold-away one;

dsc_0028.jpg

Yes, grasp mirror Body and push towards side window glass; keep fingers off of the mirror's glass

Outside rear view mirrors (17682) should not be cleaned with a dry cloth or abrasive cleaning powders. Do not remove ice with a scraper. The mirror should only be cleaned with a soft, clean cloth and mild detergent and water or Ultra Clear Spray Glass Cleaner E4AZ-19C507-AA or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESR-M14P5-A; otherwise damage to the reflective surface may result.
I worked on the mirrors today. They wouldn't budge, so I sprayed WD-40 in the swivel gap and let it sit for a few hours. I was then able to fold both mirrors inward with only moderate effort. Thanks for the response.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22