Check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan T

Reaction score
i have a re accruing check engine light. it is always gone when i start it up but about 20 mins into driving it comes on or if i lay into the throttle and sometimes stays on other times shuts off. now i do notice a little bit of surging when im driving at highway speeds and now and then in town that makes me think 02 sensors any ideas?

Krafty

Reaction score
I would reccommend checking your stored codes by putting a piece of wire into the two self test terminals under the hood by the drivers side fender/firewall.

self test.gif

what this will do is if you turn the key to the on position after connecting the terminals like the picture. your check engine light with flash to show you the codes. short pause means its part of one digit, medium pause means its the next digit of the same number, long pause means its the start of the next number.

the codes will usually be 3 digits each so *** ***** ** means 352 for example. the codes cycle through a couple times so just write everything down. if you need to do it again wait for the cel to stop flashing the turn the key off then turn it back on to check again.

if you disconnect the wire in the middle of when its flashing a code it will erase the stored codes. post what you find and we'll sort through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Dan T

Dan T

Reaction score
Hey thanks man i had no clue about that i will post back when i get it done

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads