exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elmo

Reaction score
i tried the chopping it off method sounded like %^^$#@it then put on a thrush turbo 2 1/2 " it sounded decent. lucked up and was given an Xpipe with two 2 1/2 " flowmonsters off my neighbors drag stang. i only used one now it sounds good. all in all with a little work on your part you too can do it **** all the pipe i used is straight but could have used some 45s or 90s if i had them

ryanapfel

Reaction score
I bought a junker bronco off craigslist for $350 just for extra parts. Happend to have duel flowmaster exhaust on it. So i took it, took the other parts i wanted, and resold it for $750. Made $400 plus a free exhaust, trim parts, and 4 8 inch KC offroad lights. Im not sure exactly how lucky i got in that whole deal but that might be an option for you. Watch craigslist and see if you get lucky

TZcowboy

Reaction score
I just posted for sale bassani headers (chrome) for a 351 with ypipe and catylitic converter (chrome). Would really makeit sound great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Tom

OP
OP

90bronco86

Reaction score
ok i found a couple of header to tip exhausts on craigslist for cheap, but im not sure how to check if they are still good and if it will even fit under my bronco or bolt up, and then there is the problem of one being true dual and the other being one pipe into a flowmaster then out to two pipes. any help will be appreciated, thank you

AdamDude04

Reaction score
I got flow master 40 series on my Bronco 5.0 and I LOVE the sound.

So much I want to get it on my new truck..but they don't always sound the same on different vehicles. I love the deep purr that's not loud but loud enough to be heard when you're fairly close. And at WOT it's not screaming loud.

However, Bronco sat for the last year in a parking lot at the end next to the sprinkler system. Without heat to burn off the water, it rusted. Exhaust still in place, but right off the back end of the muffler the pipe rusted through/fell off. It's twice as loud and while it still sounds good it's just simply too loud.

But end of the day I paid in the lower $200 range at the local exhaust shop in Denver. That was for the muffler/labor. $200 isn't that much. Got a tad power gain, and 1mpg on highway

wileec

Reaction score
If you were still in Denver I woud take it back, there is no reason for it to rust through that fast.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
You sure? I mean..it has sat basically under a sprinkler for a year without being started....

Before I moved, I had no rust issues on my wheel wells (the common) and 16 months later, I have a good size hole from the metal/paint that fell out due to rust. Thanks to that dang sprinkler..not so bad on the driver side (no near grass).

But seriously, it's not so bad.. It's getting a brand new crate motor and new exhaust installed so the current system be taken out anyway. All pipe from muffler to motor is OEM (or so I think)

wileec

Reaction score
Guess I am to used to CO. water does not hang around long enough to rust.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Yeah.. the damage it took to get 5 years worth of rust in CO happened in 6 months here in TX. Thanks to humid weather. And I guess parking at the end of a parking lot next to sprinkler system. Didn't plan that one out well haha

I think if I had drove it daily it wouldn't have rusted off. Cause naturally the heat would burn off any water. Oh well, live an learn..

stusainte

Reaction score
You can find a fairly decent exaust that sounds good and throaty make sure you get a good set of headers not cheap ones I just got a set of pacesetter longtube headders im going to replace my shortys but having a hard time finding a Y pipe to fit all the custom exaust shops are closed up in my area once i find a Ypipe i have a straight through duelpipes to resanators out the back got the pipes from LMC truck>com and headers from summit racing for the whole thing was about 300 hope this helps good luck

OP
OP

90bronco86

Reaction score
Well I have a set of headman longtube headers but they are rusty and idk if they are good, and I dint know if they will bolt up because I don't know wat motor exactly they came off of.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke