MAYDAY! Body parts help/advice/info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

famvburg

Reaction score
This morning while at my new(er) house to measure a room, my '69 EB appears to have jumped out of 1st gear & the parking brake didn't hold & it rolled backwards down the driveway/hill, side-swiped a tree which ripped off the rear bumper, crushed the driver side rear fender from the tail light forward. Busted it & crinkled it pretty bad. It shoved the rear quarter panel/fender forward which shoved the driver door forward, tho it didn't make it to the front fender. The bed floor is somewhat bent/bowed & the half cab bulkhead is very slightly bent. No doubt it could be straightened. The driver side fender well also bought it as well as the tail gate. I'm thinking the bed itself could be flattened, the door & tailgate simply replaced, but the quarter panel/fender is the big issue IMO. I found most if not all of the parts at Tom's, but can I readily get the entire rear half of the body, i.e., the bed portion or would it be that much trouble to just buy all the parts & pieces & weld up the new fender section? While it looks pretty bad, in the big picture it doesn't look all that bad to repair. I haven't met with the insurance adjuster yet either. I'm wondering if they see it as 1969 Ford Truck & it's worth maybe $150 or it's a 1969 EB that is (was) in nice shape & it's worth $5,000, but that's between me & State farm I reckon. Anyway, a lot of my decision will depend on the outcome with the adjuster, but for now, any suggestions on repairing my baby would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bronc76

Reaction score
Don't think you can get just the back half unless you buy a fiberglass tub, you probably don't want to go that route. I would just order what was needed and weld it back.

Good luck with the adjuster!

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
This morning while at my new(er) house to measure a room, my '69 EB appears to have jumped out of 1st gear & the parking brake didn't hold & it rolled backwards down the driveway/hill, side-swiped a tree which ripped off the rear bumper, crushed the driver side rear fender from the tail light forward. Busted it & crinkled it pretty bad. It shoved the rear quarter panel/fender forward which shoved the driver door forward, tho it didn't make it to the front fender. The bed floor is somewhat bent/bowed & the half cab bulkhead is very slightly bent. No doubt it could be straightened. The driver side fender well also bought it as well as the tail gate. I'm thinking the bed itself could be flattened, the door & tailgate simply replaced, but the quarter panel/fender is the big issue IMO. I found most if not all of the parts at Tom's, but can I readily get the entire rear half of the body, i.e., the bed portion or would it be that much trouble to just buy all the parts & pieces & weld up the new fender section? While it looks pretty bad, in the big picture it doesn't look all that bad to repair. I haven't met with the insurance adjuster yet either. I'm wondering if they see it as 1969 Ford Truck & it's worth maybe $150 or it's a 1969 EB that is (was) in nice shape & it's worth $5,000, but that's between me & State farm I reckon. Anyway, a lot of my decision will depend on the outcome with the adjuster, but for now, any suggestions on repairing my baby would be appreciated. Thanks.

llc.com

pitcherd

Reaction score
I would buy all the parts seperately and try and find someone that can weld sheetmetal. The doors are the hardest and most expensive thing to find. Unless you get lucky they can cost you up to $600 a door unfinished afeter buying glass, tracks and door panels. Make sure you save stuff to see what you may need.

As for insurance I have mine insured as an Antique and have it insured for a certain amount through my insurance company. If not they may just look at it as a 69 Bronco and not be very kind. Good Luck getting all that fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno