Rear Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeiam82

Reaction score
Ok im searching and searching and searching and i cant find anywhere that will tell me the proper positioning for the rear leaf springs. I cannot find anywhere that will tell me what is the front of the rear spring and the rear of the rear spring. Ive installed the springs the way the old ones came out but im not confident they were in there correct in the first place. I currently have the straight end at the rear on the shackle and the slightly curved end at the front. Im not sure this is right as my gut is telling me they are in backwards, can anyone shed some light on this? thanks.

Bronc76

Reaction score
I just looked at mine for ya and mine has the straight end towards the rear and the slightly curved towards the front just like you explained yours. Mine has never been taken off, I'm sure yours is right.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hmmm., there could be some mfgr. diff. but my orig. EB springs & the new style 11 pacs I now have..., were/are with the double wrap "straight" eylet in the "front" & the slightly bent leaf/eyelet in the rear.

The WILDHORSES catalog "calls it out, installed this way" (page 6)

Sorry for the bad news.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Your gut is right... :-&

OP
OP
M

mikeiam82

Reaction score
Thats why i was wondering because i saw the WH spring pack was suppose to be installed differently, mine are factory rebuilds so ill leave them the way they are for now. Broncos not driving for at least a year so testing is out of the question for now.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
Thats why i was wondering because i saw the WH spring pack was suppose to be installed differently, mine are factory rebuilds so ill leave them the way they are for now. Broncos not driving for at least a year so testing is out of the question for now.
double rap goes in the front... put in a new lift pack and remove springs as needed too sit leveale , my rig ran great with an 5.5 lift and 4 leavs removed then it flexed and put the tires too the fenders and then its time too trim and cut lol haha BBB

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke