HELP ME!! fuel lines to rail.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael1989

Reaction score
I am replacing the valve covers on my 89 5.0 and I'm at the point where I need to undo the fuel lines to fuel rail connections with the garter spring or spring lock clips. I have the tool and I know I need to push the spring back. I just can't get that thing off. Anyone have any special techniques or ideas.

OP
OP
michael1989

michael1989

Reaction score
Got it. Turned out there were different tools that worked better. They are couplers that go around the line and you push the whole thing onto the spring. Got it right off. one of them was already off and I was just pushing the tool up against the flare. Feel kinda dumb, but whatta you gonna do :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:

DNBELOWBRONCO

Reaction score
Got it. Turned out there were different tools that worked better. They are couplers that go around the line and you push the whole thing onto the spring. Got it right off. one of them was already off and I was just pushing the tool up against the flare. Feel kinda dumb, but whatta you gonna do :glare:
Good deal man. I pulled my motor a while ago and couldn't get the first line to come off with the same tool I used for the lines to the fuel tank. I thought you know they're not leaking and I don't really need to take them off, so ***** it, and wired them to the hood out of the way.... >:) -Kevin-

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom