Trying to get more power out of 302

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGreenBronco

Reaction score
Ive done a ton of work to my 95 bronco the 302 is rebuilt and under 10000 miles preformance intake free flowing exhaust and 4.56 gear ratio. My problem is the truck just doesnt seem to have much power it seems like with all ive done it should have pretty decent power I also have 35inch tires

Krafty

Reaction score
this is your problem,

http://www3.telus.net/cbradley/Engine_Specifications.html

now just doing slight intake and 3" after the stock manifolds then your just shooting yourself in the foot for maybe 5 hp.

carbs are easy bigger carb and headers and intake will be big hp cause you are increasing air fuel and exhaust.

on a fuelie improved air flow and exhaust flow wont count for much when it will only give you x amount of fuel at y kind of conditions.

you either need to scratch the efi and try for oldschool power, or reprogram the pcm and start upgrading the injectors.

also What do you need more power for ( I know this is a stupid question who doesn't want more power), what are you drag racing this thing up and down the street with 35's

ive seen 4cl suzukis with 38's slaughter a mud hole with the right gears.

OP
OP
B

BigGreenBronco

Reaction score
I need more power because I get out in a feild and the thing wont hardly turn the tires it just seems to me the gears should have helped light the load the tires put on it

Krafty

Reaction score
you are using 4 low right? my 89 302 stock with 33's and 3.55's would do 75 mph in OD and spin the tires like crazy in a mud hole in HI or LOW.

do a compression test and make sure your motor isn't toast.

even my 300 in my 81 with 33's and 3.55 had all kinds of balls in the mud and deep snow.

OP
OP
B

BigGreenBronco

Reaction score
you are using 4 low right? my 89 302 stock with 33's and 3.55's would do 75 mph in OD and spin the tires like crazy in a mud hole in HI or LOW.

do a compression test and make sure your motor isn't toast.

even my 300 in my 81 with 33's and 3.55 had all kinds of balls in the mud and deep snow.

Ok man il do a compression test asap if it dont have any hopefully the motor will be covered it was a insured replacement motor

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo