Wiring Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scubachris

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Does anyone know where I can get a wiring harness for an 84 302? It seems no one makes one, but I want to be sure.

If I can't get one, how readily available are parts to make one?

Reason I am asking is my wires are old and brittle, and I am looking to replace them.

Thanks

Edit: I am also willing to pay someone to make one for me. Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo CHRIS,

EZ-2 Wire & Ron Francis Harness Review in an 84 Source: by justshootme84, eabronc & Broncobill78

=================

EZ-2 Wire Installation in an 84

Source: by 84broncoAZ

This is very detailed

====================

Centech Harness Review in a 79

Source: by FordTruckBroncoMan

If the icon on the title could be two or three thumbs up I would have put that. I just finished installing a wiring harness from Centech that I've had for about a year. So the time had come and gone to return it if there were any problems. Well... I couldn't believe just how well this harness was made, the quality of parts, the ease of installation, the instructions were perfect, and I could not be more happy.

I don't know anything about painless but if you have to choose a wiring harness for anything I would suggest Centech no matter what!!!

If you are looking to rewire your entire bronco or maybe even your hotrod. Or need some parts for wiring, or if you need a aftermarket part to look stock and function as a stock part should they they are your choice! I wish I had pictures of the kits all laid out in bags with instructions and the wires labeled every 6 inches with "Pass stop/tail" or "LF blinker" but take my word that everything was so easy to wire it was amazing.

The ONLY problem in the entire kit (and it could have been the blinker switch i bought) but when i plugged it in and wired the blinkers the left made the right blinker blink and the right made the left blink. hahaha But I just switched the wires in the plug and the job was done!

If you think that this kit is not for you because of price then you are WRONG! For a whole wiring harness (with an aux wiring harness for my aux lights, and even extra wires for the stock voltage reg and heater/ac fan that I didn't use, full detailed instructions that were APPLICATION SPECIFIC, they even had my name on them saying what it was for) I paid $395 with shipping!!!!

Centech Installation pics in a 79 Source: by FordTruckBroncoManI know painless was atleast 450 for a kit that I would have to make work for me, NOT made for me like this kit was!

A real quick plug for 12voltgut.com as well... I used his panel and it works amazingly well and I love the way it looks! After getting this panel I sent pictures of it, my dash, my bronco, all aux stuff on my bronco to Centech and he built the harness for me, we ran over the details through email, on the phone, everything, this guy was extremely nice and very helpful. (He was a Yankee though sooooo, well you know....)

Anyway I think that is it. Their website is here

The kit I used is here

And any pics I have are here

O and it also came with all the plugs that did not need to pass through the firewall were prewired, like the blinker switch (which he asks what style your vehicle has and matches it) and the highbeam switch. Even had wires installed for blinkers and highbeam indicators. Hazards, flashers, and horn relays all installed in the fuse panel.

Anywya, that's it, ask me if you have any questions and if you couldn't tell already I think CENTECH IS AWESOME!!!

==========================

I have more Harness specific info LINKs in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=1014

such as;

Dash Wire Harness Depiction, Location & Routing in Partial Parts Break-Out Diagram in 80-86 w/ Nomenclature Source: by Steve83 at SuperMotors.net

& Connectors @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=1142

such as;

C101 at batty ground pigtail; C105 at ignition module; C121 below junction block; C128 near dual brake warning switch; C208A attached to instr cluster; C221 at radio noise capacitor near ign. coil; C230 front of eng. near distributor; C311, C321 & C325 LH fender apron near ign. module; C322 at distributor; C323 at ign. module; C327 behind center of IP; C332 fwd of RH side of dash panel; C352 near TPS; C1983 near BA Locations in an 84 Source: by Seabronc (Rosie, Fred W) at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

GL!

OP
OP
scubachris

scubachris

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with them. It is a no go. HOWEVER, one of the niciest guys I had ever talked to.He gave me some leads, and I am just going to have to make one.

Mucho gracias.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22