Back Window Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHARLESTON BRONC

Reaction score
So back to my back window. I have power to the motor and both switches are working properly with correct voltage running to them.(thanks to previous posts with the wiring diagrams) I took the motor out and checked the bushings in there and sure enough they were broken. I fixed the bushings with a mod I found on here and thought for sure that would fix my problem. When I put it all back together I get the same problem. The motor looks like its trying to turn but just won't. The window is hard to move when trying to help it up or down. Not sure what else to try or what else it could be.

Krafty

Reaction score
did you try a replacement motor and see if it did the same thing, the only other thing I canthink of is the window is getting jammed in the runners and the friction is whats holding your motor back, you might have to remove the window and check the guides for corrosion or damage, then try using some grease or dry graphite lubricant.

JMo3Stix

Reaction score
did you try a replacement motor and see if it did the same thing, the only other thing I canthink of is the window is getting jammed in the runners and the friction is whats holding your motor back, you might have to remove the window and check the guides for corrosion or damage, then try using some grease or dry graphite lubricant.
^That's exactly what I did with my 81 and it worked like a charm. I'd try that out before replacing the motor.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo