back window wont come up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taylor51

Reaction score
I have a 1984 ford bronco and i put my back window down today and it wont go back up. this has been very frustrating to me because i have school in the morning and i dont trust people with being able to be in my truck. ive read a lot of reviews and its very confusing, ive heard something about bypassing a safety switch but was confused. i really need help asap!!

JMo3Stix

Reaction score
Seems to be a common problem with the broncos. I've greased the runners and seem to have better chances of it going back up. Also, jumping the window motor wouldn't hurt. Might want to look into getting a new one if it's that weak.

tiller83

Reaction score
does the motor act like it's working and have you tried both switches. if the motor just cant lift the glass you can remove the inside pannel and help it up,(with someone running the switch),then remove the motor and test the operation.if it runs,take off the gear housing to see if the gear may be broken.that is a cheap fix.if it doesn't run and you tried both switches you may need to replace it. also on those models the dash switch is the power distribution and the tailgate switch wont work without the dash switch,so check that connection along with the fuse block.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo