Header Situation!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

*broncoXLT

Reaction score
Hi all! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I've got a set of Flowtech headers that are shot. I don't want these again! So I want new ones and have been told to spend a little more money and put "good" headers back on the truck instead of manifolds. I've got an 88 true duel 351 fullsize Bronco. Now, what I need help with from all you experienced header peeps is this: Do I go with headers? If so, what are considered good? I know ceramic coating would be a good idea, right? Who has had good luck with what brands? Which brands seems to withstand the most abuse and are the most reliable?

My truck sounds pretty bada$$ even with the leaking exhaust and I don't want to alter the sound too much. I don't have cats, but am running straight pipe out. I'd be willing to keep up with the maintenance of tightening/checking bolts.

If you've got any suggestions or advice, please let me know! >:D< <'>

Thanks so much!

Adrienne :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Krafty

Reaction score
we used headman long tube headers on our z28 build and they are pretty good

we've also got a set of black ceramic coated headers hanging on the wall that have been in and out of at least half a dozen projects over the last 15 years, the only signs of use and abuse are minor rust spots where we scratched them up. ill have to try to find out for sure which brand they are but i think they're headman or ******

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronco Kid!

Reaction score
hey man if your bronco is a manual summit has some great deals on headers i got some shortys through them for my 88 302 and the were perfect replacements for my stock manifolds just search for headers for 80 to 85 broncos they seem to be easyer to find

stusainte

Reaction score
Hey I have ford racing shortys on my 95 302 I really like the sound but now having an issue because my state just changed the noise desb laws I had to go back to a Y pipe single w no cats but having a hard time finding a ypipe th fit the shortys every one has just for the oem replacement and found them tho be to short to fit to the headers any suggestions

Krafty

Reaction score
have an exhaust shop extend the y pipes to mate up with your headers or have them make one for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar