air pump removal on 95 5.8 w/ A/C and 2 idlers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtegg007

Reaction score
Ive done my research and searched this and other forums but Im having trouble finding the right belt here.

I took the great info from this thread and bought a belt for a 03 GMC Envoy with a 4.2l engine (aka a Dayco 915K6) and just tried installing it on my truck, it seems to be a little to short. Rereading that topic I see he mentioned its "351W, with air conditioning, with the single tensioner and serpentine belt setup." I didnt know there was 1 style with a single tensioner and another with 2, and looking at mine it looked like a single tensioner. Now that I've had problems I looked up the engine routing for a single tensioner and it looks different than mine.

Heres a single-

2czr8ye.jpg

Heres how mine looks-

ek22vt.jpg

Im wondering if anyone else with this belt set up has removed the air pump and what belt they used. Any info is useful, from a part number to a vehicle the new belt would fit, even the required new belt length. thanks guys and Merry Christmas.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo J,

Removal, Belt in a 95 5.8; "... I have a 351, so i know mine is a little different. but my stock belt was 93.5 inches. when i took off the smog pump, i needed a belt 2 inches shorter. 91.5. thats the stock sized belt for a 90 bronco with a 302. so says the autparts store. if yours is like mine, and you need to lose two inches, try a belt 2 inchs smaller than stock. all my accesorys are placed like in the diagrame fireguy just posted. i also beleive there was a thread about this not to long ago, and people were listing part numbers..."

Source: by Alan T

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22